The Most Dangerous Drug Of The Times

Amadeus

Don't you remember those sugar cigarettes from way back then in the 1970s and earlier - thin cylinders of compacted flavoured sugar with one end painted red?

The government super-state nobbled that idea well before turning its attention to tobacco - the truth is out there I tell you.

you can still buy them

http://www.handycandy.co.uk/candy-sticks-p-19.html

yeah, but they are not allowed to paint the ends red to make them look like cigarettes ;-)

Jeez, it's getting like I can predict what TJ is going to say, based on whatever tinfoil-hat story is circulating on the fringes of facebook that week.

I'm pretty sure that heroin is a bit more "addictive and dangerous" than aspartame. And yes, I've read the lunatic nonsense about aspartame on facebook.

I guess as with most things it's best to apply some common sense and stick to the middle ground. If you follow a high sugar diet, live of pizza, McD and sweets, then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it won't be very healthy for you in the long run. Same for aspartame and loads of other substances. The odd fat or diet coke probably won't do you any damage, but drinking that kind of stuff every day isn't going to be a a good thing.

Everything in moderation :)

I guess as with most things it's best to apply some common sense and stick to the middle ground. If you follow a high sugar diet, live of pizza, McD and sweets, then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it won't be very healthy for you in the long run. Same for aspartame and loads of other substances. The odd fat or diet coke probably won't do you any damage, but drinking that kind of stuff every day isn't going to be a a good thing.

Everything in moderation smile.png

what is wrong with diet coke?

What's right with it? It's an artificial drink with sweeteners and other probably not super healthy stuff. I'm pretty sure too much of it won't improve your health. Personally, I don't touch soft drinks of any kind. No diet or fat coke, no sprite, nothing. Not because of tinfoil hat health concerns but I simply don't like the stuff.

Archived