How Have Non Muslims Been Treated In Muslim Countries In The Past?

Thomas Jefferson

To be fair to TJ he did post this as part of the opening sentence:

I thought I'd post a few QUOTES I snipped together from Bat Ye'or, The Dhimmi: Jews and Christians Under Islam.

In the original, I didn't write "quotes", I said "notes I jotted down from ......" but the meaning is exactly the same.

No you didn't. You said "notes I jotted down while reading..."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the original, I didn't write "quotes", I said "notes I jotted down from ......" but the meaning is exactly the same.

No, they're not the same. A quote is precisely that, notes should be your own take on something.

Are you going to answer the question posed in post 22?

Ps. Selective editing to attempt to make subsequent posts illogical is not good form.

Notes are just notes. They can be verbatim or in your own words -- it really doesn't matter. I didn't claim to be posting "my own take" on anything; I clearly said the notes were from the book by Bat Ye'or. So chill out. As for post 22, whether I went to university or not is none of your business. You're just fishing for another lame excuse to insult me later on.

As for post 22, whether I went to university or not is none of your business. You're just fishing for another lame excuse to insult me later on.

There you go again trying to dodge the issue. To be honest I not really interested in whether you did or did not go to university, I'm interested in whether you are creditable so as to try to ascertain whether you can actually be believed. Establishing that can be helped by discovering whether you lie in your posts.

As for fishing, I don't recall ever insulting you (or anyone else on here). It really isn't my style.

I'm interested in whether you are creditable so as to try to ascertain whether you can actually be believed. Establishing that can be helped by discovering whether you lie in your posts.

As for fishing, I don't recall ever insulting you (or anyone else on here). It really isn't my style.

What do you mean, "credible"? You should judge each post based on its content, and whether they make reasonable arguments or provide valid evidence to support their position; you shouldn't judge a post based merely on some alleged "credibility" or lack thereof in the person writing it.

What do you mean, "credible"? You should judge each post based on its content, and whether they make reasonable arguments or provide valid evidence to support their position; you shouldn't judge a post based merely on some alleged "credibility" or lack thereof in the person writing it.

More dodging, are you a politician? You could just answer the question, its not a hard one.

I already answered the question. I never went to university.

You didn't actually answer it but you have now by confirmation. Now I know that you lying when you previously stated on the forums and in a message to me that you went to university, or more precisely one of the World's top universities.

I can't understand the need to lie, or pretend, on here. Would you like to explain why you did?

Most of us do judge posts on 'content, and whether they make reasonable arguments' and come to the conclusion that your only qualification is in bovine scatology

You didn't actually answer it but you have now by confirmation. Now I know that you lying when you previously stated on the forums and in a message to me that you went to university, or more precisely one of the World's top universities.

I can't understand the need to lie, or pretend, on here. Would you like to explain why you did?

Maybe he studied at the University of Life

I don't understand the level of rabid anti-intellectual vitriol on this island, the contempt for anyone who has been to university; and yet it exists side by side with a rabid hatred and contempt for the poor and the minimum wage workforce. What is behind this apparent paradox? It's just like John Lennon said: "they hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool". You can't win with these people.

Archived