Royal Mail Ipo

twinkle

Initial Public Offering (IPO) > Royal Mail Subscription Request

Please complete this form to register the subscription you wish to make for the Royal Mail IPO.

Important Information
  • This offer is open to individuals located in the United Kingdom only (which does not include the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands)
  • You must ensure you have sufficient cleared funds available when you make your subscription request.
  • Subscriptions cannot be made from certificated accounts. Please visit our Account Administration-Account Upgrades page to find out about alternative account types.
  • You will not pay a purchase commission or stamp duty on an IPO subscription. We receive a commission payment of 0.75% of your subscription amount from the issuer.
  • Your application will be considered on the basis of the Prospectus and the Pricing Notification when published. The Pricing Notification will be available in the IPO Centre after the offer has closed.

Please visit our IPO Centre for a guide to IPOs. You can use this site to access the Royal Mail Fact Sheet and Prospectus, along with the key dates and our Frequently Asked Questions.

why are we not allowed to buy shares in this float of the royal mail?? I've subscribed to many uk flotations [thanks Maggie] but they don't seem to want us in on this one,b**tards!!

The Island has its own mail service not part of Royal mail and which is not (yet) being privatised although watch and wait for the merger (at a price gratefully received by cash strapped IOM Govt) with the privatised organisation once it has settled down, modernised, automated and cut staff costs)...Could also be that the IOM is not in both EU and EEA and the sale of such as Royal Mail may be covered by various rules and regulations which the UK must adhere to????

Couldn't you get a broker to buy them for you? Maybe your bank could get them, I think most of the high street banks have FA's, investment staff & those sort of things, not that they're allowed to do anything without the say so of their instruction manuals but, might be worth a try...... if you think they're a good investment (at this time).

Couldn't you get a broker to buy them for you? Maybe your bank could get them, I think most of the high street banks have FA's, investment staff & those sort of things, not that they're allowed to do anything without the say so of their instruction manuals but, might be worth a try...... if you think they're a good investment (at this time).

Looking at Barclays Stockbrokers and Hargreaves Lansdowne's website (which I think are the two largest online brokers) both are specific that IOM & CI residents can't apply.

Sid who? I can't just go walking up to people called Sid and calling them a cunt, can I? Well, I suppose I could but are you going to be there to fix my broken noses?

Perhaps you're not old enough (or your memory's not good enough) to remember the "If you see him, tell Sid" advertising campaign, which was iirc for the water sell off in about 1988 - or it could have been gas. Anyway, after several share issues where people had been making free money by getting shares and selling them straight away for a profit, one of them suddenly went wrong, was over-valued and share price instantly fell. I remember many student types who sank their entire student grant into the shares crying about it on the news.

Archived