Open Your Mind's, Cannabis Cures Every Ailment Known To Man

Justiceforall

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. I know someone who has had their life ruined by cannabis and the mental health problems that result from its usage. It's especially damaging to teenagers as their brains are still developing. It causes paranoia. That being said, that's not going to happen to all cannabis users but do you really want to take the chance? Medicinal benefits can be achieved without smoking it. If we legalise abd regulate it then we could ensure high quality controls. I think bad quality and it being laced with other things won't help matters.

There have been many government and pharmaceutical company funded studies that point out the alleged downsides of cannabis use.

The latest ones all seem to concentrate on the alleged effects in later life of its use in a persons formative years, what I have not seen in any of these studies are statistics showing how many of those who's mental states have allegedly been adversely affected were already showing signs of potential mental illness in their youth.

It is too easy for surveys and questionnaires to ask a question in such a way that the answers given reflect the underlying wishes of the person asking the question.

Whilst a possible link between drug use and mental health issues cannot be ruled out, the same can be said for countless other factors in a persons life.

It could be argued that a person growing up in an unhappy home is both more likely to develop mental health issues whilst also being more likely to use recreational drugs as an escape from their unhappiness.

I have a friend, who as a youth was a regular cannabis user. He now, and has for years, suffers with mental health issues. I personally believe that his condition has more to do with the way his parents treated him than the fact he used to have the odd smoke to escape his life.

The top and bottom of it is that there are harmful drugs available that are sanctioned by governments whilst other, arguably less harmful ones, are illegal.

The amount of resource's wasted on the futile fight against the use of cannabis is astronomical. As has been stated previously in this thread, many on the front line of the so called fight against the use of cannabis see it as a war they cannot win.

Lets face it it, how much does it cost to go through the arrest, court and imprisonment of someone who may have been caught in possession of £20 worth of cannabis, let alone the fact that these people are criminalised for the rest of their life for partaking in an activity that arguably causes less harm than a trip to the pub.

Another factor that needs to be considered is that the dealers in cannabis are also the dealers in more harmful drugs, this means that the cannabis user is more likely to be offered something else if there is a shortage of the product.

By de-criminalising cannabis you would remove the direct link to Class A drugs that currently exists.

Anyone who thinks eating dope is actually going to improve your health is off their coconut.

What year is it where you live man ?

There's no witches and there's no slaves nowadays neither.

Google "cannabis edibles" and read about it, see why people do it, might be you or someone you know one day.

Be quiet about cannabis next time if you can't be bothered, instead of ruining progressive threads with superstitious mumbo jumbo from back in the day.

Archived