Switch Off Your Mobile Phones!

Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart Meters can't be on for just 1.4 seconds per day because they need to retransmit data from neighboring meters in a Mesh Network, also in future they will communicate with Smart Appliances so they can be turned off if the demand for electricity exceeds supply eg the "Smart Grid".

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/resources/what-are-smart-meters/

I don't know your level of network knowledge but I know enough myself to believe my internet link over your Internet link and posting more links to the same agenda driven campaign site is unlikely to sway my view.

I don't like the concept of smart meters for different reasons, but the weight of evidence that I've read points to your adverse health claims being massively overstated and sensationalist or completely non existent.

You're the target audience for these types of sites. Impressionable, gullible and deluded. I can't stop you holding your views, but it must be a depressing life to constantly believe everyone is a lie.

People have to understand you can't have a "Smart Grid" without the "Smart Meters" updating the electric demand to the power companies in almost real time, that's how its Smart Grid. This would not be so much of a problem if the power companies increased supply, but the Smart Meters can signal to the Smart Appliances to shut down until demand falls. That's why there is disinformation put out by the power companies about Smart Meters. If you think about it if the Smart Meters only transmitted for 1.4 seconds every day, how would people be able to measure the output if they did not know the time of the transmission?

RF radiation pulses on PG&E 'smart' meters - YouTube

The part that you're missing in your understanding is the assumption that the 1.4s is a one off event. It's not, you'll find it's aggregated throughout the day as milliseconds long databursts. Lacking in understanding is a common theme among your ilk.

That's why there is disinformation put out by the power companies conspiracists about Smart Meters...

The part that you're missing in your understanding is the assumption that the 1.4s is a one off event. It's not, you'll find it's aggregated throughout the day as milliseconds long databursts. Lacking in understanding is a common theme among your ilk.

That's why there is disinformation put out by the power companies conspiracists about Smart Meters...

If you watch the video above you can hear how often there pulsing, and they will be on more once Smart Appliances are communicating with them.

A summary of 31 research projects concludes that there's no risk.

"People concerned that wireless radiation from mobile services operating in the electromagnetic spectrum (radio), such as those used for Mobile Phones and Mobile Broadband (e.g. 900MHz and 1800MHz), can rest a little easier today after an 11-year long and £13.6m UK study found “no evidence” of biological or adverse health effects."

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/02/11-year-mthr-study-finds-danger-wireless-mobile-phone-radiation.html

It would be useful, as the article mentions, to have more studies on the effects on children to put those concerns to bed. One thing I've noticed however, and this is anecdotal, but kids seem to be putting their phones to their heads much less laterly, preferring to message/text instead.

Archived