Summerland Site For "commemorative Garden"-Yea Or Nay?

irishone

I don't so much want a commemorative garden to depress everyone, I just want a nice, dignified garden.

Totally agree. Somewhere where those who remember this awful event can reflect in peace

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A remembrance garden is a good idea but not on the summerland site, we need a new facility there. This Island deserves

to have another great venue for kids to enjoy sport and entertainment indoors.

I'm 47 so I remember it happening, but I've got two children now and its time they had somewhere great to go. I loved going to summerland as a child, it was like going on holiday.

A remembrance garden is a good idea but not on the summerland site, we need a new facility there. This Island deserves

to have another great venue for kids to enjoy sport and entertainment indoors.

I'm 47 so I remember it happening, but I've got two children now and its time they had somewhere great to go. I loved going to summerland as a child, it was like going on holiday.

Summerland was a good idea which went badly wrong. There does need to be something for the children, I agree Johnny. It needs to happen soon, very soon.

Summerland was a good idea which went badly wrong. There does need to be something for the children, I agree Johnny. It needs to happen soon, very soon.

Stop Press: there is something for children - it's called parents and grandparents and the neighbour's kids...

The IOM may not be the center of the universe but there's a great deal you can do, even in winter.

Stop Press: there is something for children - it's called parents and grandparents and the neighbour's kids...

The IOM may not be the center of the universe but there's a great deal you can do, even in winter.

You are correct. The Island is a beautiful place all year round and I don't imagine I would visit a new complex with my grandchildren if I was on holiday on the Isand.I wasn't hinting at a new Summerland style building when I said something for the children-I had something very different in mind. You are very lucky to live in such a lovely place-I am extremely envious.

Archived