Summerland Site For "commemorative Garden"-Yea Or Nay?

irishone

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't those who wanted something to replace it over the last 40 years just buy the bloody site when they had the chance and take ownership of it? Oh no, back to the money thing again!

Should have asked those 2,000 signatories for a donation and then see what the real interest is. Anyone can write names on a bit of paper and more to the point against that way, is there any proof that each and every one of them hasn't signed it twice or more under a different name?

Bottom line is why should I pay for another site because of someone's problem to accept the original as a memorial site?

Why not just rip up and tear apart the original memorial site as that site obviously means naff all to you!!!!

Jeez..... fuming!!!

Why didn't those who wanted something to replace it over the last 40 years just buy the bloody site when they had the chance and take ownership of it? Oh no, back to the money thing again!

Should have asked those 2,000 signatories for a donation and then see what the real interest is. Anyone can write names on a bit of paper and more to the point against that way, is there any proof that each and every one of them hasn't signed it twice or more under a different name?

Bottom line is why should I pay for another site because of someone's problem to accept the original as a memorial site?

Why not just rip up and tear apart the original memorial site as that site obviously means naff all to you!!!!

Jeez..... fuming!!!

Are you willing to put your real name to your comment?

Hold on now Irishone, Cliff is articulating what many locals feel, apart from the last sentence and perhaps a little more directly than many would.

I think all locals who remember that night have huge sympathy and support for the victims, as well as all the local people who dealt with it and the aftermath, but as I said above, enough now.

Did you? Did you really? Or did you regret the loss of another facility for the local community? Then remember what had happened on that site long before you were born?

It was an ugly concrete eyesore. Of course I was happy to see it knocked down. Sure, go and build something else but I bet it will be just as ugly. And how are yet more nouveaux riche apartments going to benefit the Manx community?

Why do you say that?

Because Manx people are sick of luxury apartments blighting our landscape. Where next - convert Peel Castle into apartments??? The moment it was decided the site would go residential, rather than something for the community, (or at least that's the impression I'm under?) is the moment any real Manx person would have taken back their support for building there.

Why do you say that?

Because Manx people are sick of luxury apartments blighting our landscape.

Nice to know that your voice represents the feelings of every Manx person. No need for any consultations about anything as long as you're available.

Nice to know that your voice represents the feelings of every Manx person. No need for any consultations about anything as long as you're available.

Well there are only about 6 of us left.

Coincidence - I have a colt revolver.

Feeling lucky?

Archived