Mercedes Benz

Cliff

Not my cup of tea, but a whisper is going round that Mercedes are having a few problems at the moment with EU directives and the next 3 years is allegedly make or break?

Anyone else shine a light on this - fact, plausible or busted?

The problem is the coolant they are using, not insurmountable obviously. As a company DB's profits are down but it's still one hell of an operation.

Only a fool would write off DB.

For more info Google Daimler Benz, not Mercedes Benz.

...Mercedes are having a few problems at the moment with EU directives and ...

The MB brand is headed for a younger market, as are Jaguar. MB have added a few innovations to the cars to attract that market; the plethora of digital gimmicks hasn't added to their reliability, but has upset their original customers who are/were conservative to say the least.

The lack of F1 success @ McLaren and Mercedes isn't helping either; do they stay in and invest heavily or drop out and accept defeat?

Given 6 lucky numbers I'd plump for Lexus as they make excellent cars in the original MB guise - smooth, quiet, comfortable; and the Toyota pedigree wouldn't deter me one bit.

TBT.

The problem is the coolant they are using, not insurmountable obviously. As a company DB's profits are down but it's still one hell of an operation.

Only a fool would write off DB.

For more info Google Daimler Benz, not Mercedes Benz.

Thanks GD4ELI as it led me to a FT.com link that resembles something that was talked about

And did you have rust issues with the MB ?

I know a few people who have had that issue, but living over here I guess would test any paint job

Lexus make a fine reliable car but they lack one key ingredient which the German brands and Jaguar have, desirability.

Like all Japanese manufacturers, car and motorcycle, they fail to grasp the reason that people will pay good money for something they desire with their heart.

Very true max, I think the Japanese tend to go for practicalities rather than the experience.

But I am a big fan of Japanese stuff as well as German, I am more a VW & Audi fan personally

Good god, thankfully none of my neighbours can see what I have just witnessed. Please keep that quiet or my bloody road in Essex will be full of these monstrosities. More of a 110 man mes'en. Much more discreet. Scarily the same colour as the G-Wagon too.

Monstrosity! It's a practical pick up that can carry a family, plus it's got portal axles so it's up there with a unimog.

110's are discreet probably 'cos they're all broken down (if our work one is anything to go by) and you have to be fairly slim to fit in the driving seat and be able to shut the door.

I'm waiting for a bit to break, this is mine

opxoxx.jpg

ae8ilf.jpg

I'm sure something will fall off soon. But it's a Defender and not a Disco, Rangie or Freelander. That is all. Oh and it's not really mine, my wife lets me borrow it occasionally.

Brand new vehicle and not a straight panel to be seen, how have Landies become cool? I don't know.

Archived