Thousands Feared Dead In Philippines

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A genuinely tragic event and I'd like to see a post from Amadeus just to let us know he's okay.

As for TJ' s incredible ignorance - I like to take the mickey out of his outlandish ramblings, but this goes far beyond that and reveals him to be a brain-dead moron.

Of course these things happened in the past, but they seem to be happening a lot more frequently in recent years. Climate change?

Instant communication and allegedly better reporting do not explain the increased frequency of these events. It's not merely a perceived increase in frequency.

And hurricane season in the gulf of mexico/carribbean had how many this year?

Instant communication and allegedly better reporting do not explain the increased frequency of these events. It's not merely a perceived increase in frequency.

The frequency of these events is not particularly increasing, there is some discussion as to whether the intensity of them is though.

graphical-presentation-of-number-of-typh

Good, glad he is away from it.

TJ, you really can be such a dick at times. Do you expect people to upsticks en masse and move out of an area prone to natural diasters? Has the coincidence that very often areas that are prone to such events are amongst the poorest in the world? Has that made any kind of connection in your head?

I expect people to not have moved into such areas in the first place if they were originally so prone to "natural" disasters; what I am suggesting is that these disasters obviously didn't happen at the time these places were originally inhabited by human beings. Or at the very least they would be very sparsely inhabited.

I expect people to not have moved into such areas in the first place if they were originally so prone to "natural" disasters; what I am suggesting is that these disasters obviously didn't happen at the time these places were originally inhabited by human beings. Or at the very least they would be very sparsely inhabited.

Try visiting Sicily. The only reason that most of it is populated - and has been for many thousands of years - is because of Mt Etna erupting and providing fertile ground.

You really have to be trolling, because there's just no way that anyone could really be as utterly pig-ignorant as you've been in this thread.

People in the olden days didn't realise it was natural and thought it was all caused by God and that if they were good then it wouldn't erupt or whatever, but people have no excuse now -- if they're in a place where the eruption could hit, they're completely bonkers to stay there. Sure, set up work there to use the soil, but I wouldn't live there; I'd be living on a boat or something to get out quick!

Try visiting Sicily. The only reason that most of it is populated - and has been for many thousands of years - is because of Mt Etna erupting and providing fertile ground.

You really have to be trolling, because there's just no way that anyone could really be as utterly pig-ignorant as you've been in this thread.

People in the olden days didn't realise it was natural and thought it was all caused by God and that if they were good then it wouldn't erupt or whatever, but people have no excuse now -- if they're in a place where the eruption could hit, they're completely bonkers to stay there. Sure, set up work there to use the soil, but I wouldn't live there; I'd be living on a boat or something to get out quick!

Despite your self-professed erudition, you are quite dense.

Despite your self-professed erudition, you are quite dense.

Despite being dense, you are quite erudite.

I think most could find a better way of using £100,000 on the Island right now - there is no way the big-eyed kids or weeping women will EVER see a penny of it:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-cash-to-help-the-philippines-1-6240363

It's not a lot of money...why for that you can't even get a new Chief Exec for DED for a year crying.gif

Archived