A Favour Needed For A 94Yr Old Pensioner In Kirkmichael

whitecityboy

I still don't understand how he gets his other shopping, but not his bread at the same time?

Often wondered how the old crones who ask the checkout staff at Shoprite to pack their shopping for them manage when they get home. Do they just leave it in the carrier bag on the floor?

Hi there,

Thanks to all the offers of help, this forum has been a saviour. Sorted now , Much appreciated!

Scroll forward three days - OAP in Kirk Michael found under 1,000 loaves of Ramsey Bakery bread.

I still don't understand how he gets his other shopping, but not his bread at the same time?

Often wondered how the old crones who ask the checkout staff at Shoprite to pack their shopping for them manage when they get home. Do they just leave it in the carrier bag on the floor?

Maybe when you get old you will understand!!

What an ugly and sad comment. I suspect that it mirrors you, exactly.

We are really lucky that in this community we take the piss and make flippant comments but in reality, most people will go out of their way to help someone who needs it. I can't imagine being able to randomly ask for help for an old person on a forum, and receive it genuinely - in a big city.

Following my recent request for a favour for a Kirk Michael Pensioner, I have to say that Response by kind hearted folk has been tremendous.

So a BIG Thank You for all your offers of help, you have made an old man very happy. Well Done You!

I'm only in Ballaugh, full time carer too so understand how hard it is. I can nip up and go collect any shopping ect when required and know that the chemist there will deliver an med to the house. Just let me know if I can help as I said I'm only down the road so it's not a problem

Archived