Manxforums 10th Birthday Bash Poll Thread

Mission

MF 10th Birthday Bash  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahh thank heavens yesterday is over. You lot are a bad influence

Everyone left early or at midnight apart from you who went clubbing solo!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt? You weren't there were you?

My sincere apologies Bees, I was also invited to a friend's 30th and I had to be up early in a cherry picker with a chainsaw felling trees so thought it best to avoid excessive alcohol and/or the temptation of!

Cherry picking in March on the Isle of Man???

You're havin' a giraffe,or April 1st has come earlier than usual.

I was going to meet my friend in the Bridge but then I noticed it was quite late and thought it was maybe not one of my better ideas & so I walked home with Lisenchuk & my other friend, in 2 inch heels which, I paid for yesterday (the walk rather than having my shoes on hock). Thanks for coming, at least one of the celebrity guests bothered. Next time we'll get Bagsy (the brand) to come.

Matt, it's ok, really, we managed :)

So, what is the next MF sports and social event?

I was going to meet my friend in the Bridge but then I noticed it was quite late and thought it was maybe not one of my better ideas & so I walked home with Lisenchuk & my other friend, in 2 inch heels which, I paid for yesterday (the walk rather than having my shoes on hock). Thanks for coming, at least one of the celebrity guests bothered. Next time we'll get Bagsy (the brand) to come.

Matt, it's ok, really, we managed smile.png

Phew, that's a relief...for a minute there I thought it'd be too much :-)

Matt? You weren't there were you?

My sincere apologies Bees, I was also invited to a friend's 30th and I had to be up early in a cherry picker with a chainsaw felling trees so thought it best to avoid excessive alcohol and/or the temptation of!

Cherry picking in March on the Isle of Man???

You're havin' a giraffe,or April 1st has come earlier than usual.

You guys obviously drank way in excess.....

Manxforums.com hide and seek would be a good one, we've clearly got some pro players on here.

Cluedo.

So, who stuck the knife in the back of the forums' very own schizoid-loony poster...

Cor, the MF social scene could really take off this year. At least we have a core group of people that will actually attend such events. smile.png

Would a sporting event suit some of the bigger ego's on here - you know, something to prove how macho you are?

How about a pub quiz for the know it alls?

I've considered organising a car treasure hunt in the past as I have done a couple but they can be a right pain in the arse when it comes down to the results as too many people seem to think they know better than the actual answers to the clues (and it really is a lot of work to sort one out).

Anything that involves food in future will require a deposit in advance however and if you don't turn up, you lose your dosh.

Bees, Gladys and I will have to sit down and have a chat at some point I think, we might be able to sort something else out for the summer (TT is too close to organise anything earlier I think).

Was it not attended as well as expected?

There are a few posts that are maybe having a little dig at people who said they would go and didn't turn up.

Must be a bit annoying for those who prepare the do and prepare grub and stuff.

Maybe better to have smaller and more private parties for the die-hard members who would enjoy such occasions, because a few dozen people who say they want to attend (out of a 10,000 membership!) are perhaps not the type of people who frequent anonymous forums

There were about half the number of people who voted yes that turned up.

As a result, lots of lovely food but not enough mouths to eat it.

The deposit idea is a good one, any unclaimed deposits can go to funding the food/charity again.

Pub Quiz could be interesting, but there are a few that would probably be guaranteed a win.

Archived