Manxforums 10th Birthday Bash Poll Thread

Mission

MF 10th Birthday Bash  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would have gone to this event if it wasn't held in a pub at night time. I can't tolerate drunks, especially the loud and obnoxious type who seem to be so common on this island.

You wouldn't have liked P.K. very much, then. whistling.gif

Less of the "common" if you don't mind...

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check your email.

Will try, not sure if I have the password to hand to access webmail from here, if not will check at work in the morning, thanks. :)

Less of the "common" if you don't mind...

You don't live here, ergo you can't be classed as that.

How much is a small drink in a pub, anyway? £1,000 ?? Cheaper to go to the off licence and buy a bottle.

And therein lies the problem with alcohol.

A pint of beer is about £3 in a pub, give or take a bit. If all you want from it though is the sedating effect, a half-bottle of Tesco Value Vodka will sort you out. Personally though I prefer a few pints in a convivial environment.

How much is a small drink in a pub, anyway? £1,000 ?? Cheaper to go to the off licence and buy a bottle.

And therein lies the problem with alcohol.

A pint of beer is about £3 in a pub, give or take a bit. If all you want from it though is the sedating effect, a half-bottle of Tesco Value Vodka will sort you out. Personally though I prefer a few pints in a convivial environment.

I think it was £3.70 for bitter and £4 for Cobra by the pint on the night. By comparison, I can buy a 4 pack of Grolsch for £5.75 from the Co-op but I'd have more fun at the pub with a load of other people. It's all relative I guess, I don't go to the pub all that often so paying more on the night is worth it to me. Years ago, I wouldn't want to stay in and prices were irrelevant.

You can buy a can of pina colada from M&S for £2. I bet in a pub they'd charge me double that?

I've seen these mixer cans before, Gin & Tonic, Bacardi & Coke etc, much better to buy a big bottle and a mixer surely?

Archived