Manxforums 10th Birthday Bash Poll Thread

Mission

MF 10th Birthday Bash  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a photo just to prove it actually happened

Photos should only be available to those who were assed to turn up (and the CRO, of course, since they were taken by P K)

Photo has been leaked already

tumblr_kwndeuJHST1qa7ls5.jpg

was that the result of Bees's cake or Stu's guitar playing ?

Damn! I was there after all.

Photos should only be available to those who were assed to turn up (and the CRO, of course, since they were taken by P K)

Don't confuse 'those who were assed to turn up' with people having to work, illness, babysitter problems, other commitments etc. etc.

If it's a 10 year anniversary, surely there should be at least a couple of events over the year?

I think Mish's point was more re those who voted that they would attend and didn't. That was a shame as it would have been good to meet some more posters in the flesh. Even so, it was a great night with lots of chat.

There could well be more social events, but it will be difficult to arrange anything, particularly if it involves booking something, if you can't be sure of numbers.

Just a thought. What do those who attended think of those who voted to go and then failed to turn up? Or maybe rather why didn't they show up? Because it occurs to me that at least half of those who had a really good time don't give a flying about anonymity which tends to indicate that for the rest, 90% at least , staying in the shadows, for whatever reason, suits them just fine...

Just a thought. What do those who attended think of those who voted to go and then failed to turn up? Or maybe rather why didn't they show up? Because it occurs to me that at least half of those who had a really good time don't give a flying about anonymity which tends to indicate that for the rest, 90% at least , staying in the shadows, for whatever reason, suits them just fine...

Maybe they didn't show because they bottled it on the day. I think that people who use anonymous forums are likely to be shy and introverted rather than 'lets get together and have a hooly' types.

If only 14 wanted to turn up, and half of them don't mind being known, that is a good enough indication that future events may not be worth trying to organise.

I'm not worried about those who put their names down but didn't come. The people who did make it were all very nice indeed, its nice to meet different people. Friends/enemies without a face become buddies, look at me and that Roxanne, hated her on Manx.net, we met at a forum party and now we go for cake together.

lets make an mf tea tent at tynwald :)

It's a lot harder to be a smart arse snarky git on here to people you've met and had a beer with

Apart from Lonan3 obvious.... that guy is a real cad and perhaps even a bounder

• 4 months later...

Ahh this thread just popped up on my iPods thingio and I was reminded of what a lovely lot you are. One is on holiday ATM so this is my post card .... Picture to follow :) big loves mfing mfers the weather is amazing, food totes ace and I'll see y'all soon xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived