Manxforums 10th Birthday Bash Poll Thread

Mission

MF 10th Birthday Bash  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best night I ever had in a pub for conversation and a laugh consisted of 4 people in the company.

yeah but I bet the other 3 weren't made up of the utter human detritus that litters these forums

15 attending with a further 19 maybe....could go for a telephone box as a venue then MT might not remove them!

That would be appropriate, since the forum was born following the withdrawal of an MT service.

Bravo

Rhumsaaa, you have to come, I was just thinking about Chris Thomas making a special public appearance at the party, then I got to wondering about other forum celebs - for e.g. the fishing man from the news forum and then I remembered you, you are a bit of an internet smash kidder smile.png Who/what else is there?

We could ask the Mare to open the night....lol, should deffo not make it a swimwear party then...

I am getting quite excited about this little soiree now, go on Rhumsaa, I'll make you some bunting (it might be used -only on the party night ofc), a cake and never speak to you unless spoken to - ever smile.png

15 attending with a further 19 maybe....could go for a telephone box as a venue then MT might not remove them!

That would be appropriate, since the forum was born following the withdrawal of an MT service.

P'hnerrrrr whatever, as if we would all fit a phone box. I had ace fun in a phone box the other week.... first of all, I decided to walk from Douglas to Santon, when I reached the roundabout at the top of Anaghcoar I decided "Forget that, I will get the bus." - at which point I discovered that I had forgotten my bag and thus, had no money, no problem, I have a friend in Spring Valley Ind Est so I went to see him and borrowed £40, back to the round about to get the bus, a little nervous that I only had a £20 note, but then I saw the bus shelter was full of sick which meant I could not sit out of the wind and nor could I see the timetable, my only having a tenner was alleviated by the uninhabitable state of the shelter. The bus driver was very nice (I phoned the station later to tell them how ace he was - like they cared...) and let me off in Santon much earlier than planned, as I was now half an hour early for my appointment I decided to take a little walk through Santon, its a funny old place, bit boring really however, there was a phone box there and I had just got a load of change from the bus driver so happy days, I phoned MrBees to tell him of my great adventure so far. I put 50p in the phone and made my call, I had to shout because mrbees could not hear me, sadly we were cut off but but but, I did get my 50p back so was not disappointed. I was really quite excited about the whole event, in a retro buzz kind of way, in the olden days (1991) I courted a boy from the UK. As I was not allowed to 'jam the phone all night' & we did not have mobile phones I spent long hours freezing myself in a phone box round the corner from our house.

Well at the bash, if there is an open mic, Bees could do a monlogue, Lonan3 could tell a story, I'll do a disco dancing display, Rhumsaa can do some Manx dialect and sardonically tell everyone to "fuck off", Chris Thomas can bring his string bass and do a Gymnopédie or whatever, and Declan can do a story too. And we could all drink beer and moan and stuff. TJ has to be there and that other one whose name I can't remember, they could do something too.

Declan will be washing his hair as per usual, which is a shame really as it would be good to have a proper chat with him over a pint or three. I did meet him once, In the Traf at an acoustic night which wasn't a forum night but did have a surprising number of forum members in attendance (Roxanne being one of them, first time I met her that night).

Each to their own though and I can't blame people for not wanting to attend but as it is the 10th anniversary it really would be great to see forum members both past and present in attendance.

I hope Rhumsaa does come along - there are a fair few northern members and we could always jump in a taxi (or minibus) together to reduce the cost of getting there (we could swing by Laxey & Lonan if need be to pick others up).

@CS - did you reinvent yourself at some point after the last forum do, as your memories of the night mirror that of someone else on the night?

If anything, people should attend just to meet thebees because she's such great value and fun to be around. :D

UniSol and Tearz - please comment on this thread and say you'll both try to be there - without the two of you we'd have nothing to celebrate.

Best night I ever had in a pub for conversation and a laugh consisted of 4 people in the company.

yeah but I bet the other 3 weren't made up of the utter human detritus that litters these forums

Be just as well then if the rest of us minnows steered clear of the Party to allow the MF intellectual leviathans more room to hold court,eh?

Be just as well then if the rest of us minnows steered clear of the Party to allow the MF intellectual leviathans more room to hold court,eh?

All of a sudden I don't feel worthy enough to attend, it seems you either have to be a comedic genius or intellectual of gargantuan proportions.....party snobbery in action :-)

finally someone who sees sense

All of a sudden I don't feel worthy enough to attend, it seems you either have to be a comedic genius or intellectual of gargantuan proportions.....party snobbery in action :-)

what do you mean "all of a sudden"?

@CS - did you reinvent yourself at some point after the last forum do, as your memories of the night mirror that of someone else on the night?

If anything, people should attend just to meet thebees because she's such great value and fun to be around. biggrin.png

UniSol and Tearz - please comment on this thread and say you'll both try to be there - without the two of you we'd have nothing to celebrate.

No. I'm just picking bits and pieces out of things I have read and picked up. A pastiche sort of thing.

I met the bees at some band night or other. And I've met a few other forum folk and actually most aren't like their personas. Bees was though, Oh aye.

Unisol and Tearz have to be there as I wanna buy 'em a pint, although really I should pay my subscription. It will be interesting to mee t some of the mods too and say such as "Hi John" and "Hi ans" (are they in real life the same person?)

No. I'm just picking bits and pieces out of things I have read and picked up. A pastiche sort of thing.

I met the bees at some band night or other. And I've met a few other forum folk and actually most aren't like their personas. Bees was though, Oh aye.

Unisol and Tearz have to be there as I wanna buy 'em a pint, although really I should pay my subscription. It will be interesting to mee t some of the mods too and say such as "Hi John" and "Hi ans" (are they in real life the same person?)

ans won't be there, a couple of the mods have indicated they might be there and JW has said he will try to be there (not met him myself yet so looking forward to putting a face to the name).

Uni has been a bit more active on here this week so I'm hoping he's seen this thread and will put a yes vote on the poll (or just turn up on the night).

How about you CS, you haven't voted yet?

Archived