Manxforums 10th Birthday Bash Poll Thread

Mission

MF 10th Birthday Bash  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mm..

To be honest, i had voted as going in fancy dress,

However on reflection, as i don`t have anyone to go with, and after my experience with "the best of" get togethers, where trying to strike up a conversation with those from the financial sector is almost impossible, especially when you go to these sort things alone,

And i think this seems to be more of a finanancial sector get together, as opposed to a "manx sort of thing", so i think i will pass on this and delete my vote.

mm..

However on reflection, as i don`t have anyone to go with, and after my experience with "the best of" get togethers, where trying to stike up a conversation with those from the financial sector is almost impossible, especially when you go to these sort things alone,

And i think this seems to be more of a finanacial sector get together, as opposed to a manx sort of thing, so i think i will pass on this and delete my vote.

wow that's... a strange chain of logic

I thought it would be more exclusively reserved for intellectual elitists,Rhumsaa.

Can you guess where I got that notion from?

a sarcastic post of mine i assume...

I deducted that as I am an intellectual elitist not some scruffy member of the unwashed masses such as yourself

Do you really own a brown allegro? I never recall seeing you in one...

No I used to have a white one

bought it off Skrappey or Pat or whatever his name on here became

Hardly any point in an "old boy on a bike" turning up then ?

I think you will find there are plenty of old boys on a bike on this forum. It's only the anonymous keyboard that allows some of us (well me anyway) to let us think we are young, daring and dashing.

I think you will find there are plenty of old boys on a bike on this forum. It's only the anonymous keyboard that allows some of us (well me anyway) to let us think we are young, daring and dashing.

Maybe you should do a poll then and find out.

mm..

However on reflection, as i don`t have anyone to go with, and after my experience with "the best of" get togethers, where trying to stike up a conversation with those from the financial sector is almost impossible, especially when you go to these sort things alone,

And i think this seems to be more of a finanancial sector get together, as opposed to a manx sort of thing, so i think i will pass on this and delete my vote.

Don't worry - the financial sector people are only there to buy drinks for the real people who turn up.

From what I recall of the last one, I struggled to hear what people were saying due to the noise that someone claimed was 'music,' but it was an absolute delight to get to meet people like Gladys, theBees, PK [who turned out to be far less of a tw-t than you'd think from some of his postsbiggrin.png ] and a host of others.

I'll definitely be at this one - as long as it doesn't clash with the Braaid Eisteddfodd.

Maybe you should do a poll then and find out.

Maybe we should have age sections and then when the music changes we all swap around and mingle.........do the age sections in decades wink.png

Archived