Shut Da Mutha Fuck Up

Bananaman

Agreed. She was probably pleasantly surprised by the texture and taste of her 'cheese' compared with how it usually was. Funny how she had to eat most of it before realising it was meat. I'm sure if I was served a slice of butternut squash instead of fillet steak I'd complain before I even tried it!

Oh come on! Grilled holoumi is "fleshy" in texture, white and served in nuggets. If you've never eaten chicken it's not surprising you'd take a while to realise that it wasn't just an odd form of haloumi.

I think she is going too far if she is going to talk about it not feeling like her own body now. In every respect I sympathise with her, but talking like that is going to lose sympathy.

And I think some of the other posters are also don't realise that the issue isn't about the ethics but her religious beliefs (however crazy they might be). It doesn't matter whether the place handles meat or is an unethical institution. It just matters as to what is being ingested.

Every vegetarian will have unknowingly eaten meat at some point, it's an unavoidable fact of life, and considering she ate most of it, she clearly enjoyed it before discovering it clucked instead of being squeezed from a cow.

Vegetarianism is silly and depriving yourself of various nutrients. (This should be fun)

It's not silly and actually does not deprive a person of nutrients if they eat a balanced diet.

It is a life choice and one undertaken for many different reasons.

However, I do agree that if you eat in a meat serving restaurant , there is likely to be meat contaminants in the veggie food.

It's a chance you take.

I agree to some degree, but living a somewhat vegetarian lifestyle, through no choice of my own, protein in an acceptable form is much harder to come by. Quorn is an abhorrent creation from the bowels of Satan himself, and lentils get very boring, very quickly.

Iron is also somewhat more difficult to come by, munching leaves and lentils is again not the most fun.

Well that's says it all, 'protein in an acceptable form', i.e. what's acceptable to you. Clearly you miss meat. And, frankly, if you think that quorn is the mainstay of all or most vegetarian diets then lack of knowledge is probably the issue with your view.

Iron shouldn't be a problem either if the diet is varied, though you need to make sure you are getting it. The same is true with zinc.

Vegetarians tend to be healthier all round than meat-eaters so the facts don't bear out the view that people are missing needed nutrients.

Every vegetarian will have unknowingly eaten meat at some point, it's an unavoidable fact of life, and considering she ate most of it, she clearly enjoyed it before discovering it clucked instead of being squeezed from a cow.

Vegetarianism is silly and depriving yourself of various nutrients. (This should be fun)

It's not silly and actually does not deprive a person of nutrients if they eat a balanced diet.

It is a life choice and one undertaken for many different reasons.

However, I do agree that if you eat in a meat serving restaurant , there is likely to be meat contaminants in the veggie food.

It's a chance you take.

I agree to some degree, but living a somewhat vegetarian lifestyle, through no choice of my own, protein in an acceptable form is much harder to come by. Quorn is an abhorrent creation from the bowels of Satan himself, and lentils get very boring, very quickly.

Iron is also somewhat more difficult to come by, munching leaves and lentils is again not the most fun.

Just need to think outside the box a little with yer cooking really. Protein issue is a bit of a myth, people always stress about veggies and protein. There is rarely a deficiency. The iron thing, yeah - if you don't like pulses and green leavy veg etc then it won't be much fun. Adding Vit C rich foods promotes the uptake of iron. You need some really good cook books to be happy eating vegetarian but then, when you look back at meat..........was it really all that?

Archived