Ariel Sharon Has Died At 85

Thomas Jefferson

It really is a tedious and shabby tactic that, whenever someone refuses to accept that the state of Israel cannot possibly do anything wrong, the accusation of anti-semitism is hurled at them. Shame on you for taking your own thread to abysmal levels of inanity and name-calling, TJ.

It's not a case of "cannot possibly do anything wrong". Of course they can do wrong, but you people are questioning Israel's very right to exist. You're not just criticising a few government policies here and there. So, yes, I do think that's anti-semitic. I don't see you doing this to any other country.

well it's a thread about Ariel Sharon and Israel so it'd be odd to randomly start questioning the right of Kyrgyzstan to exist..... it'd pull the thread off topic and no one wants that

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever been to Auschwitz TJ?

Save the bollocks and get to the point.

how rude

I was merely asking a question

I'd hate to live in a society where I wasn't allowed to do that..... you nazi

There are many forms of totalitarianism beside Nazism which would prevent people from asking particular questions so to automatically label someone who advocates such a thing a Nazi is a non sequitur.

Have you ever been to Auschwitz TJ?

Save the bollocks and get to the point.

how rude

I was merely asking a question

I'd hate to live in a society where I wasn't allowed to do that..... you nazi

There are many forms of totalitarianism beside Nazism which would prevent people from asking particular questions so to automatically label someone who advocates such a thing a Nazi is a non sequitur.

I considered the many phrases I could use and chose that one after due consideration due to the accessibility of the meaning

I hope you're not trying to oppress my vocabulary? I'd hate to live in a society where that happens....

Aaah, I wondered when the killer phrase would come out. If in doubt resort to the spurious racist card.

I prefer the term "Jew-hater", really, because it precludes smartasses from coming up with A) the debunked Khazari claim, or B) the tired old "Arabs are semites too" line. Of course Arabs are Semites, but the guy who invented the term "anti-semite", Wilhelm Marr, had Jews exclusively in mind and he only coined it because it sounded more scientific than the traditional term for his ilk: Jew-hater.

Is it any wonder people tire of these discussions when as soon as anyone criticises Israel and the policies of it's leaders they automatically get called 'Jew Haters' or 'Anti-Semitic'. It's pathetic and counter-productive and can only serve to fuel the very accusations they're espousing.

I didn't accuse anyone of being a Jew hater or anti-semitic just because of a little "criticism" of Israel or its policies; I was responding to people who question Israel's very right to exist as a nation-state and the Jewish people's right to self-determination and peaceful existence in its own homeland.

still.... as sad as it is that Ariel Sharon has died at least his brothers Helvetica Sharon and Comic Sans Sharon are doing ok

You're a typical New Roman.

shut up wing ding

Chomsky's opening statement:

"There is a convention that you're not supposed to speak ill of the recently dead which unfortunately imposes a kind of vow of silence because there's nothing else to say. There's nothing good to say..."

"...he was a brutal killer...."

But this video is quite interesting because of the other two guests rather than Chomsky.

Archived