Guardian

partypolitics

I feel sorry for the Forrest's who felt the urge to go to a national paper about this....

2 minutes to find their phone number and address in the book now for every idiot who gets a drink and a grudge...

Seems perfectly reasonable journalism to me, and nothing to object to in any way.

Bascially factual, with a few direct comments from the people concerned.

No moral judgements - what is wrong with that?

Plus remember, anyone who has ever had any personal experience of a story that goes in a newspaper will know that they ALWAYS get some facts wrong, be they minor or major and you should never believe everything you read in a paper.

Seems perfectly reasonable journalism to me, and nothing to object to in any way.

Bascially factual, with a few direct comments from the people concerned.

No moral judgements - what is wrong with that?

Plus remember, anyone who has ever had any personal experience of a story that goes in a newspaper will know that they ALWAYS get some facts wrong, be they minor or major and you should never believe everything you read in a paper.

I personally think it's extremely sloppy journalism - backing up a genuine story of tragedy with all the usual cliches. We have to accept that the UK press are as determined to stamp out the TT as they were determined to end birching and bring our other laws into line with theirs.

As for the 'journalist,' you have to wonder why a newspaper that was formerly the Manchester Guardian now chooses someone born, brought up and educated in the south as their 'Northern Correspondent'.

Cant see a single cliche in that story, was simple and factual beginning to end.

Bit of a sad try to discredit him using his place of birth though. Must be a southern Jessy eh, what could he possibly know about up north. Do you really know how silly that sounds.

If someone decides to express their views and the press are interested, who are we to judge whether he's right or wrong to do so. Confrontation of the man is not a good or acceptable thing to do, it achives nothing.

Find the phone book etc.... Statements like that are just giving out bad ideas to the small of brain

The IOM suffers from being stereotyped... We it's denizens are the ones who can change things, write a letter to the guy if you feel that strongly!

I do agree with him that Manchester / Lancashire are far superior to the "Dark Side" of the Pennines...

As Im involved in this sad event, I feel I have to point out that I am fully behind the Forrest family for showing dignity when it was needed, they are very Pro TT and have no wish to have the TT stopped. Ive been involved with the Tt and racing for many years and this is not the first time that ive lost a rider, I lost one last year at quarry bends in the F1 race. All the Forrest are trying to say that more thought needs to go into the safety of riders at the TT and in the event of a fatality some dignity should be given to the rider.

What happened in this case is that the Forrest family had asked to have protection by airbags to their front gates which have been the scene of some major accidents over the 6 years they have been living there, No airbags were fitted and a rider was killed when if airbags had of been in place he would of lived, the following practice airbags were put in place, a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Is that right about the airbags??? That's a terrible shame if that is the case.

PS. My kids were really sad about it as they had met the rider at their school on the friday before - it made it all very real for them (and me) as it was not just a faceless name.

It does not matter.

It is sad a man has died and left a little daughter.

It is not sad that by whatever means the UK press has reported what happened how the deceased was treated. That is news and God forbid the day that such events are not reported in a free speech society.

No one knows whether the residents went to the press about a body left in their drive. Anyone could have phoned the media and the media then phoned the residents. That does not matter.

What does matter is the disgraceful way the dead are treated.

I do not care jack sh*t about other members' views in here, but I do care and have respect for the dead.

That biker should not have been left in the driveway of someones property in a body bag just because a race could continue.

The TT people have to accept that this event has been a major mistake and the Isle of Man must accept due criticism.

My heart goes out for the daughter of the deceased. :(

FCMR - What connection do you have to the TT?

'I had'

???

Over 20 years. putting my money were my mouth is, and you did what.

Vadar Mr & Mrs did contact the press as they got no action from the/those in charge untill after the event and if it helps in the future Im for it

FCMR - What connection do you have to the TT?

'I had'

???

Over 20 years. putting my money were my mouth is, and you did what.

Vadar Mr & Mrs did contact the press as they got no action from the/those in charge untill after the event and if it helps in the future Im for it

Well good on them I say and shame on the local authorities. :angry:

Archived