Wanted: Indoor Gas Heater (Bottled)

Jam_Sandwich

So having just been demolished by my latest CH heating bill I'm looking for something a little cheaper/more manageable.

Looking for Calor gas heater (the bottled stuff)
Preferably with the bottle.

Will collect - will want to see working first

Also - any recommendations on where to go to exchange it? Just the garage?

Budget £50

Per kWh of output they are even more expensive and can cause serious damp/condensation.

Why they appear cheaper is you heat less space and switch on and off

You can control your heating to achieve similar savings, unless like me you share a home with someone who puts heat on full and controls comfort by opening doors and windows

Hi John. Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately I'm renting and confirmed my boiler/heating is pretty damn inefficient.

So looking at options of heating the room I'm in most of the time and leaving the rest.

And a fan heater for the morning to maybe make getting out of bed bearable.

Going off your reply neveragain an oil filled radiator may be best. Was kinda hoping for a pay as you go heating though.

Going off your reply neveragain an oil filled radiator may be best. Was kinda hoping for a pay as you go heating though.

It should be in your tenacy agreement, I'm not sure if the regulation covers all rented accomodation or whether its just flats? Plenty of people flout rules/regulations though and this is of course upto you. I used a halogen heater as electric is on a key meter it sort of worked out PAYG.

Hi John. Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately I'm renting and confirmed my boiler/heating is pretty damn inefficient.

So looking at options of heating the room I'm in most of the time and leaving the rest.

And a fan heater for the morning to maybe make getting out of bed bearable.

Jam Sandwich,why can't you just shut off the central heating radiators in the areas you don't want to heat and set the thermostat on the ones you leave on to run economically?

As John says bottled gas isn't very economical at all and as another poster points out unvented gas heaters do cause serious amounts of condensation in enclosed rooms.

An oil filled radiator is a good option,but make sure you have one with large enough output to heat your room,also make sure it has an adjustable temperature control thermostat fitted.(there are online calculators to give an estimate of how much heat you need for a given room size)

Archived