Denmark bans halal and kosher slaughter

Amadeus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really speak English, you should know what a 'wind-up' is -- I do. I'm no more Jewish than you but, claiming to be so, was like placing rotten meat (including bacon) on the table, then waiting to see how many maggots crawled out to eat it. More than I expected, so I have enough material to keep Het Parool (a Dutch newspaper) happy for a day or two...not to mention mucho euros for me.

Thanks, guys!. Bedankt.

If you really speak English, you should know what a 'wind-up' is -- I do. I'm no more Jewish than you but, claiming to be so, was like placing rotten meat (including bacon) on the table

Thank you for proving my point. Now for the answers, in case anybody cares.

The text I posted was Deuteronomy 6:4-5 and the prayer which Mr Dreidelsohn alluded to was Smells Like Teen Spirit.

"Thank you for proving my point"

Oh, don't mention it. We Dutch are always happy to help...

....I'll be back (text from Schwarzeneggeronomy 2)

It is better to be a vegetarian and not feel responsible for as much needless killing of intelligent animals as would be the case if I still eat meat., so I agree with TJ. The issue here is the moral one; it is not about health reasons.

Exactly the same number of animals will be killed whether you are a vegetarian or not.

But...I am not responsible for that killing. I am not someone who creates a demand for needless killing. You and others do. And if more people become more morally consistent over time then there would be less demand as more and more people abandon this practice.

If you really speak English, you should know what a 'wind-up' is -- I do. I'm no more Jewish than you but, claiming to be so, was like placing rotten meat (including bacon) on the table, then waiting to see how many maggots crawled out to eat it. More than I expected, so I have enough material to keep Het Parool (a Dutch newspaper) happy for a day or two...not to mention mucho euros for me.

Thanks, guys!. Bedankt.

I called it.

On Countryfile last night some bloke explained that the reason they don't stun the animals before cutting their throats was so the animal could hear the prayer being spoken as the cutting began.

Why not say the prayer just prior to stunning and keep everybody happy?

The bloke doing the cutting looked real sincere repeating the prayer time after time on the production line.

Interesting to read some of the comments about the tolerance of the Danes and other Scandinavian countries towards Islam. In my experience this is not the case and that many of the Scandinavian countries have a near pathological fear of foreigners. I worked in one organisation where we had to seperate the Scandinavians from other "groups". The Turkish in particular seemed to be a target for the Scandinavian hostility...

I also found this article a while ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/scandinavian-miracle-brutal-truth-denmark-norway-sweden

Archived