The Great Game Revisted: Ukraine, Russia and the West

Chinahand

You are as wrong as you could possibly be to reduce this threat to comedy.

These are important issues. But I think there is a danger of being a bit wet about the nature of the reality of the actual threat.

It's a big deal. But not a super big deal.

Let's wait and see. I believe that you could not be more wrong.

911 type events are big deals, but neither the events themselves, nor the actual perpetrators of those events are really responsible for the major changes that might result from them - it would be our society reacting to those events.

You are as wrong as you could possibly be to reduce this threat to comedy.

These are important issues. But I think there is a danger of being a bit wet

You appear to be the expert.

You appear to lack any significant confidence in the values which you purport to believe in.

You seem to be living in fright. As if you are frightened of a minority of nutters.

I lack confidence in a civilisation that believes it is untouchable but is actually sleep walking to its destruction. I am not frightened at all for myself. I do fear for the future mainly because too many people, including those in high places, believe that the forces ranged against us are a minority of nutters, when in fact they are far from that. That is the problem. You are as big a danger as they are and are playing right into their hands. You are condemning your own perception of freedom by negligence and denial.

• Like 1

All this bloody tewworwist this, tewworwist that. The term is used too loosely now to describe pretty much anyone you like. It's so engrained in the psyche of society now everyone's living in a state of perpetual fear of the bogeyman around the corner. Bit of perspective is badly needed me thinks.

All this bloody tewworwist this, tewworwist that. The term is used too loosely now to describe pretty much anyone you like. It's so engrained in the psyche of society now everyone's living in a state of perpetual fear of the bogeyman around the corner. Bit of perspective is badly needed me thinks.

I like teewurst! Especially on buttered hot toast.

Oh wait!

Must get new spectacles.