TV licence solution

malebrain

It's not illegal to have a referendum, it is however these should be called by the soveriegn state at the time of the referendum. It should be held after a reasonable debate and without intimidation of voters. Not at a time turmoil with two sides sabre rattling at one another.

It's funny you complain about BBC pro UK govt bias, when every British Govt I can remember has complained about bias against them - including over the Iraq decision.

Even handedness is hard to maintain. Climate change deniers complain they're not heard, then they are, but get given equal time. But that becomes disproportionate because the BBC gets criticised for giving as much time to a biology teacher's gut feeling as the considered opinion of the scientific community after years of reviewing all the data.

UKIP complain that they don't get coverage. So they get invited in more often and are treated like a proper party. And then complain when the presenter treats them like politicians asks them to back up their statements (there was a great one where the Scouse one was asked to explain the country had changed out of all recognition and answered "because the country is unrecognisable" asked in what way he replied "because it's changed beyond all recognition" this went on for five minutes. Followed by complaints of bias.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News from the BBC iPlayer service:

The BBC are soon to be increasing the number of days each programme will be available to download from 7 to 30 days post live transmission. Serial type programmes could be available for longer to enable the viewer to 'catch up' with the series thus far.

And all broadcast programmes will be available through iPlayer, previously only a selection were available. All radio broadcasts are subject to similar changes.

The changes are inline with those offered by Channel 4 and ITV download services.

Provided the broadcast you receive isn't live, you do not require a TV licence.

TBT.

• 4 weeks later...

The BBC it seems does not believe in Freedom of Information when it comes to showing how the TV Tax money is being spent in luxury restaurants.

"The Corporation has imposed the ban in response to The Mail on Sundays revelation that it had spent more than £30,000 of public money holding editorial meetings at top London restaurants in the past year."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619780/BBC-tackles-fatcat-meal-controversy-making-secret-grounds-members-staff-right-enjoy-privacy-menu-choices.html

• 1 month later...

If you ever get the feeling that the BBC mandarins are out of touch with reality, see the links below.

"I believe in the universality of the BBC, I believe the BBC should provide something for everyone, and it should be "free" access to news and great television programmes for everyone in the UK." - Head of BBC Television Danny Cohen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2653594/BBC-boss-Danny-Cohen-branded-touch-free-access-comments.html

BBC chief criticised over 'free access' blunder. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10888244/BBC-chief-criticised-over-free-access-blunder.html

"I believe in the universality of the BBC, I believe the BBC should provide something for everyone, and it should be "free" access to news and great television programmes for everyone in the UK." - Head of BBC Television Danny Cohen.

What a complete non-story. He clearly meant subscription free as he was talking about netflix.

I can't stand Murdoch but it is fascinating how he has outgrown BBC TV in such a short period of time - just shows you how crap Auntie Beeb really is when it comes to enterprise

ps Be warned BSkyB ads are coming soon to iomtoday.co.uk

If you read the quote "Mr Cohen insisted that the BBC should continue giving free access to news and television to all." He is right the BBC news is free for overseas viewers, so the BBC can claim independence from the UK government and don't put out propaganda. Although they do get money from the EU. If the BBC had to live off pay per view how would it support a massive news network is has now?

Archived