Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370

Nom de plume

It's sat in Diego Garcia. Ain't no-one going near a US naval base to verify it is or isn't there.

And your evidence for this is what?

I haven't got any, it's just a flippant post obviously. However, in the absence of any other real evidence of where it is it's as good a theory as any.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sat in Diego Garcia. Ain't no-one going near a US naval base to verify it is or isn't there.

And your evidence for this is what?

I haven't got any, it's just a flippant post obviously. However, in the absence of any other real evidence of where it is it's as good a theory as any.

The bottom of the ocean is looking very likely. It's a big place, and the current will move any floating debris around which will make it harder to find.

Amazing the amount of speculative news coverage about this. Why don't they just stop -- until they actually have something to report.

Because they'd have to go back to news bulletins every few hours, like they used to have. We have 24/7 news channels now, and talking shoite and speculating is the new way now. They even have great 'news temples' to do it all from.

Amazing the amount of speculative news coverage about this. Why don't they just stop -- until they actually have something to report.

Because they need to fill their 24 hour news channels up with something, why do you think for the past 4 months we have had constant breaking news about Michael Schumacher when in reality nothing has actually happened in 4 months.

But everything is repeated again and again and again. I remember being glued to the screen when the Iraq War was kicking off and it turned me into a nervous wreck -- the sensationalism, paranoia, doom, gloom being broadcast every second of the day is more than any sane human being can handle. Even watching the main news at 6 o'clock is too much doom and gloom, it's always bad news. One of the reasons I like the internet is that I can choose to not click on the stuff I know will not uplift. I like that the Huffington Post has a "Good News" section (as in good news, not "the" good news lol).

So you are in favour of a news filter, TJ?

I'm in favour of giving viewers or readers the capability to filter the news content for themselves. So, like on the BBC News app, you can opt to only view news on certain areas (World, Politics, Business, Arts&Entertainment, Health, Science&Technology, etc). Or maybe a "good news / bad news" filter. If we can do it on the internet or on a phone app, we should be allowed to do it on a TV screen and get rid of the 24/7 coverage unless something actually does happen requiring live coverage.

Archived