New Pound Coin

Bobbie Bobster

I don't think so Donald. It's not an overnight change. When the size of 5, 10, & 50p coins was changed there was gradual introduction and withdrawal with both coins in circulation, side by side, for an extended period. I was in Spain when the Euro was introduced, it was very quick, although my Spanish bank account still gives a monthly peseta balance and house prices are still quoted by estate agents in both euros and pesetas.

Bulgaria is best, truly schizophrenic, with lots of things priced or calculated in Euros, to which the leva is fixed. Property and rental in Sofia is almost always priced in Euros

I don't think so Donald. It's not an overnight change. When the size of 5, 10, & 50p coins was changed there was gradual introduction and withdrawal with both coins in circulation, side by side, for an extended period. I was in Spain when the Euro was introduced, it was very quick, although my Spanish bank account still gives a monthly peseta balance and house prices are still quoted by estate agents in both euros and pesetas.

Bulgaria is best, truly schizophrenic, with lots of things priced or calculated in Euros, to which the leva is fixed. Property and rental in Sofia is almost always priced in Euros

When I lived in France around 6 years ago, Francs were on all receipts and so forth as a throwback to old money.

Changing currency isn't an overnight affair. Some places in Spain have reverted to the peseta I've heard.

As for the new coin, RFID chips aren't hard to fake if it's just looking for a response, unless there's a huge database of every coin. Even an algorithm can be cracked if there's money in it.

They should sack off pound coins and get the notes back on the go. Never felt so macked out as whey got a fist full of squid notes.

Archived