Favourite Player From Your Team

Bit bored now the seasons ended, trying to come up with some good footy related topics to discuss in the meantime, can't be arsed with bikes!!

So, from your team, name the player you'd percieve to be player of the season, or, the player thats improved the most over the last season?

I'm a red devil, so the obvious one would be Rooney, but i'm going for Heinze. Never heard of him when he signed, but he's been a brilliant signing, tough as nails, not much is gonna get past him, for the most part he's fair in the tackle too, but takes no prisoners. Flies up that wing as well, and links up beautifully with anyone placed on that side in front of him.. I think he's the mutts nuts, to be frank.

Heinze has had a cracking season. Surprised United fans don't go on about Ronaldo more though (not like them to backward about praising one of their team).

Obviously, Liverpool's best player is Gerrard. Carragher has had a cracking season. Hamman is our most un-sung player though. For many seasons we have been better when he has played. Was it coincidence he came on at half time in the European Cup Final?

I dare say that most of you won't have heard of Enoch Showunmi, but he's a player who has earned a special place in the hearts of all Luton Town fans. Last year, when the club were still in administration and weren't allowed to sign new players, Enoch started his career with the club playing for expenses only - no wages whatsoever. During that time he scored a number of very important goals and became a Nigerian international but, although several other clubs wanted to sign him, he stayed with the Hatters and, as soon as they came out of admin they sigtned him up permanently. He may not be the 'best' player the club have (he makes more appearances as substitute than as a starter) but he is, deservedly, one the fans' favourites.

I think our most improved player is obviously Stewart Downing, to slot into the side so easily this season was a massive achievement, earning his senior England call-up as well shows he has the talent and that it has come on in leaps and bounds.

Our best player...i don't know. Zenden is obviously a brilliant player and one i really hope we can hang onto, but there are others who perhaps don't recieve all of the praise they should. Schwarzer for instance has been a rock in nets for us, Southgate is always there for the big games when the pressure is on.

And the two to watch for next season are Danny Graham (if he gets a game, with Yakubu coming in, Viduka and Hasselbaink still around and talks starting with Maccarone again) and Andrew Davies a great little defender who has shown himself in the reserves and it's looking like he'll move up into the senior squad proper next year. Oh and of course Luis Figo when we get him :lol:

And if i hear one more person say that we play too much defensive football i am going to flip out and kill people (like a ninja), unless you support the Arse, United or Chelsea then our team scored more goals than your premiership team, okay?!

Surprised United fans don't go on about Ronaldo more though (not like them to backward about praising one of their team).

Great player, takes the p!ss out of other teams completely, but he's still so much to learn. His strength this season was so much improved, he's not so easily knocked off the ball, except when in or around the penalty area, which is what lets him down in my opinion. Although there's no doubt he's dived a couple of times, for the most part there is contact, although minimal. I'd like to see him dance round players in the box, like he does on the wing, i think he'll be far more effective, and he'll lose the "diver" tag, he could turn out to be one of the best ever players for utd.

I would have to say it is Sullivan for Leeds, the team didn't play to well last season (only to be expected after all), but at times his goal keeping exploits have kept us in alot of matches where we have gone on to pick up some vital points.

Hulse is definately a player to watch for next season and if we can keep hold of the youngsters like Lennon, then just maybe we could return to the premiership sooner rather than later.

I am happy enough that we are playing in the championship against the likes of Luton next season, happy enough that I still have a club to support!

I'm an Aston Villa fans. All our players suck equally so I can't pick a favourite.

If pushed though, I'd choose Olaf Mellberg for two reasons. He has a full beard most of the time. His name is Olaf.

Ans, I see Angel is hinting at an exit due to the lack of european football and that he thinks he should be playing with the best.

A bit rich coming from that useless bag of xxxxx isn't it?

Villa have potential but I'll have to see this £20mil old man Ellis is meant to be coughing up before I believe it.

The obvious choice from myself would be SWP. Just his presence in the team makes us believe we can score goals. Pace, skill, ability to make left backs look like monkeys, a massive heart, loyal (hopefully) and one hell of a bloody shot on him. His quick return after a cruciate ligament operation shows he's keen. Without his 9 goals a season we wouldn't be doing ourselves justice in the league.

Then there is the unsung heros, Distain and Dunne at the back have been brilliant, the main components of the 5th best defence in the premiership this season :o and James <insert England calamity joke here> has been consistently immense in sticks all season.

and James <insert England calamity joke here>

I think you'll find most people insert jokes surrounding his striker performance in the last game. You know, the one where he kicked more people than a nightclub bouncer and had the speed and grace of a pregnant rhino. I've seen milk turn faster than that guy on the ball.

Oh, and you might want to refer to Wright-Phillips with more than initials. I had to read the rest of your post to work out the team and then the player and I don't like having to read whole posts.

and James <insert England calamity joke here>

I think you'll find most people insert jokes surrounding his striker performance in the last game. You know, the one where he kicked more people than a nightclub bouncer and had the speed and grace of a pregnant rhino. I've seen milk turn faster than that guy on the ball.

Oh, and you might want to refer to Wright-Phillips with more than initials. I had to read the rest of your post to work out the team and then the player and I don't like having to read whole posts.

I think you'll find he was put up-front for the final few minutes of the game to "unnerve the boro defence" which he certainly did. He was also the better option from what we had on the bench!

I've had the xxxx taken because of his outfield antics, but all by rags without a sense of humour... Beside I think we both agree he did more for his club in 7 minutes than Darius did all season :)

Oh, and people who take a keen interest in the premiership will know who SWP is without having to read the whole post.

I think you'll find he was put up-front for the final few minutes of the game to "unnerve the boro defence" which he certainly did.  He was also the better option from what we had on the bench!

I've had the xxxx taken because of his outfield antics, but all by rags without a sense of humour... Beside I think we both agree he did more for his club in 7 minutes than Darius did all season :)

I think he unnerved more than just the opposition, Pearce even said as much post game. Imagine how Macken felt though as he was a recognised striker left unused. Well, he's left now, I guess that shows how he felt.

I don't think Vassell played 7 minutes for us in total this season.

Oh, and people who take a keen interest in the premiership will know who SWP is without having to read the whole post.

What? I shoud be able to instantly recognise the initials of a player who plays for a sub European placed team with less England caps than the aforementioned Vassell? Behave.

Archived