Mad Sunday

Mission

Was actually planing to have a look at the madness today, but totally sept in and woke up at 5pm - and you know what: glad I escaped the chaos... :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Mad Sunday" is a bikers day as far as I am concerned.... cars on the mountain are just a danger.

As both a biker and a driver of a quick car I agree with that. I like to go quickly over the mountain in the car when it's safe to but I steer well clear on Mad sunday because I think a lot of car drivers seem to think they have 'something to prove' to bikers which is a bit sad. I don't even bother taking the bike out on the course on Mad sunday because of the number of people going like morons (both cars and bikes!).

When you bear in mind the fact that people living here can drive at speed over the mountain generally whenever they like I think they would be better off leaving mad sunday to the bikers for the reasons you've said, but that's just my opinion.

i went to the unveiling of Steve Hislops statue. was great to see the amount of people who turned up for it :) glad it didnt rain, but it could of been sunnier, get better pictures lol

I have to agree to a point - A Focus RS with Jersey plates made a completely stupid manouvre on the mountain in front of me the other day, and tonight while the hairpin was being made 2 way, a Noble decided to do a burnout in the middle of Mayhill.

But there were some bikers making mad decisions on Cronk y voddy this evening.

I suppose if they wanted to make the one-way system even safer, then you could suggest that they stopped all 4 wheel vehicles.

Then again, if it is that dangerous and they really are that concerned about it, they should stop the one-way and introduce a speed limit on it.

There are certainly a lot of mad bikers out there - my logic has always been it's a pretty rare thing for a bad biker or decision to do much more but effect him - the odds aren't so hot when it's applied to a car...

The really sad thing is bike or car the majority of stupid xxxxs have manx plates :(

Even I concede that one!

Sadly, apparently, you have to subscribe now :(

Still, I get a sense of deep joy to think that they are having to pay each other to show each other pictures of sadly molested 3 door hatch-backs :D

Archived