Mad Sunday

Mission

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bottom line is no car should really be going over the mountain for the same reasons that the mountain is one way - to reduce accidnts

"Mad Sunday" is a bikers day as far as I am concerned.... cars on the mountain are just a danger.

I watched the racing from Ballig Bridge yesterday, and when I crossed back over to the Poortown road, the first two vehicles out going with the course made me wonder - first was a Yamaha DT125 and then was an 'L'-plated original Mini with four people in it! Two gutless wonders of vehicles attempting to ride with the fast boys on Mad Sunday :blink:

The bottom line is no car should really be going over the mountain for the same reasons that the mountain is one way - to reduce accidnts

"Mad Sunday" is a bikers day as far as I am concerned.... cars on the mountain are just a danger.

It´s the bikes & cars doing 80+ that cause the danger not the cars per se

In my experience of many Mad Sundays on a bike I encounter a couple of problems(1) it is overtaking slow cars packed with people rubbernecking taking videofootage.(2) Faster cars who take on the bikers, they swerve all over the road without using their mirrors and finally a couple of years ago I had to perform a frightening stop to avoid a Tours coach. If you want to go out on Mad Sunday join in on a bike and leave the car half blocking the pavement outside your house

A compromise would be a Mad Sunday for cars only during the Manx Rally

I think that fast cars should be allowed on the Mountain during Mad Sunday.

We pay our Road Tax so we can use the road. I am not going to be "bullied" by visiting bikers.

They could try giving the locals a chance to hammer the mountain in their cars at some other time, then we wont feel the need to hammer it when we get a chance on Mad Sunday.

I am sick of visiting bikers getting treated like royalty when we get treated like S*** by them.

We live here, they should have to live around our everyday lives not the other way round.

I hate TT!

(Its good to be back!) :)

I had a nice quiet lap in the morning - but every single left hander over the mountain seemed to be a sea of cars. Volvo estate at Mountain box (where has the mountain box gone btw ???), red peugot at black hut. Black toyota celica (creeping along) at Bungalow bridge, brandywell - cbr 600 pootling along (ok so there was one bike), ford van at 32nd, mercedes van at 33rd and then back into the cones at Keppel.

Took a pedal in the afternoon to watch the racing, took in the views of north barrule, headed to the black hut, watched on the outside at the Verrandah - never watched from there before and I will go back, its awesome !, bungalow - quite a lot of people watching there, brandywell and finishing off at windy corner.

A good route for watching motorbikes :)

Archived