Mad Sunday

Mission

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I would share another picture. After a handful of bikes filtered past at Ballacraine, the driver of the Mondeo positioned his car in such a way, he forced filtering bikes onto the wrong side of the road. We followed this clown to Ballaugh, everytime bikes passed, he swerved out to the middle of the road.

post-188-1118358715_thumb.jpg

Thought I would share another picture. After a handful of bikes filtered past at Ballacraine, the driver of the Mondeo positioned his car in such a way, he forced filtering bikes onto the wrong side of the road.  We followed this clown to Ballaugh, everytime bikes passed, he swerved out to the middle of the road.

I bet they're English and think that the bikes spoil the island.

Stav.

Thought I would share another picture. After a handful of bikes filtered past at Ballacraine, the driver of the Mondeo positioned his car in such a way, he forced filtering bikes onto the wrong side of the road.  We followed this clown to Ballaugh, everytime bikes passed, he swerved out to the middle of the road.

If he purposely endangers other road users with this, shouldn't you report him to the police? Especially as you have pictures of him - I don't want to share the road with clowns like that and his licence should be cut up and used as confetti down at the tent :angry:

How is he endangering anybody by occupying the right hand side of the left carriageway?

I don't condone the alleged actions of moving out when being overtaken, but he ain't doing nothing wrong in that picture (except being a bit of an ass maybe).

Here's a suggestion....If there isn't room to overtake and of you have to use the opposite carriageway when maybe it isn't safe to do so, then don't overtake. It isn't the law you know, that being on a bike you must overtake all four wheeled vehicles.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but there is a feeling from certain branches of the Emergency Services that having a mix of vehicles stops it becoming an out and out race track on open roads and, therefore, safer.

Despite the general feeling on this thread that having to overtake slower cars causes accidents (please see above about the 'need' to overtake) it is riding too fast which causes the vast majority of accidents on Mad Sunday. Cars or not, people are going to do themselves in. Simple.

How is he endangering anybody by occupying the right hand side of the left carriageway?

He is - I quote:

-snip- everytime bikes passed, he swerved out to the middle of the road. -snip-

If he's only occupying it, fair enough, but pulling out when somebody passes you (regardless of the question if he should) is just outright irresponsible. If he clips a bike and it goes over to the right, then we have the next fatality...

Selective quoting there Amadeus.

I shall add

I don't condone the alleged actions of moving out when being overtaken, but he ain't doing nothing wrong in that picture (except being a bit of an ass maybe).

You see now? I was referring to the picture (the one you said should be given to the Police).

And my main point stands. Speed is the main factor in accidents, not other vehicles.

Ok Ok, I'll give you that one - but I was referring to the whole story, with the picture being part of it..

And yes, speed is probably the biggest problem, but other factors, such as Alcohol, other vehicles, unfamiliar roads, driving on the left, etc, shouldn't be forgotten...

Speed is indeed a large factor but unless you add 50 policemen to the equation you won't remove that...

To my mind I'd feel happier if a person crashed due to their own poor judgement than being hit or forced into an incident due to another road user

And my main point stands. Speed is the main factor in accidents, not other vehicles.

Excessive or inappropriate speed maybe. But how is this really relevant to the situation Amadeus is highlighting whereby a driver is weaving out when someone tries to overtake? If this driver caused an accident then it would not be excessive speed at fault, it would be that driver.

Of course he should have been reported to the Police (as, incidentally, should the huge HE Richards wagon stupidly overtaking a horsetram today).

You're just using the opportunity for a pisspoor rant about motorcyclists in general.

Maggle's picture and story amaze and frustrate me. We all know how annoying it can be to be waiting at junctions as a million bikes filter past (it's illegal in the USA BTW), but I usually stay calm in the knowledge that it's unlikely to have any real impact on my progress...and it's only for two weeks a year!

But what horrifies me (as a born-again biker) is that this asshole was allegedly swerving on the open roads to prevent bikers passing him. That's tantamount to reckless endangerment as far as I'm concerned, and he should be banned. The man is obviously a road rage bomb waiting to go off, and is more dangerous than a dozen drunk drivers. He should be stopped before he kills someone.

And Manxman - I do NOT believe that speed per se is a problem... it's the inability to control your vehicle at whatever speed you're riding, and the belief that you're immortal. Again this year I've seen dozens of bikers hurtling into blind bends on the wrong side of the road. They deserve whatever they get - my sympathy is with the people they find tootling around minding their own business, on the right side of the road.

But that's probably another thread about the dangers of going the 'wrong' way during TT.

Archived