Tt Is Quiet This Year

TheTool

Is it me or is has this years TT got less visitors, there is no way near the army of fans that came a few years ago.

I was watching a thing on men and motors the other day about mad sunday in 95 and there was twice the crowds there is now its getting like the MGP.

TT should run the first 2 weeks in june then it wouldnt clash with anything and the weather is always better.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were at the fair last night and I thought it seemed quieter than usual. That was for about an hour until 8. Their prices don't help.

I think the prom generally has been getting quieter since it started becoming a housing estate 4 or 5 years ago.

I guess we will have to wait until the visitor figures are published..they could just be more spread out this year.

As for being quiet, take a walk down ramsey prom this afternoon and listen the lovely man with the angle grinder who has been "fixing" his fishing vessel ALL EFFING MORNING LONG!!!

As for being quiet, take a walk down ramsey prom this afternoon and listen the lovely man with the angle grinder who has been "fixing" his fishing vessel ALL EFFING MORNING LONG!!!

Look on the bright side, it´s his hearing he´s destroying much more than yours :D

My view is that TT week should be condenced to a long weekend, like an F1 event. Thing needs to move with the times, and it just isn't.

Yeah but F1 is only one race, how many do we have to put up with of equal length to an F1 race ;)

We were at the fair last night and I thought it seemed quieter than usual. That was for about an hour until 8. Their prices don't help.

We went to the fair yesterday - most of the side stall games are £2.50 which seems a bit pricey for something you are only going to win a cheapo teddy at. I know they have to make a living and all that, but it does make for a very expensive afternoon for parents.

We went up to Signpost to watch the F1 yesterday and therewere only a handful of spectators compared to previous years. I'm not a fan of bike racing but I do think the whole event needs a dramatic revamping exercise.

It's as busy as ever IMO. Practise week seemed even busier than usual.

No way should we condense it - don't be stupid! As it is the visitors are staggered - with some over during practise week, some over the mad sunday weekend, some for a few days race week, some for the last weekend etc. There aren't enough places for them all to stay if they all came over at once to a condensed version. Besides it's the best two weeks of the year and the only time the Island really comes alive - I'd hate to lose any of it!

maybe it seems quieter because they have tried to spread things around - honda day in peel, marquees/events in port erin/port st mary, sprints in ramsey etc

being in a business that relies on the TT I can confirm it's as busy as ever!

Being part of the accommodation side of things I'd say it's as packed as ever. We've been fully booked for months, people are even booking next years (and 2007!) already. I'll admit down on the prom yesterday there did seem to be more locals than visitors but it depends on what people come here for, if they bring a family or don't drink or whatever they might like to not hang around in a big crowd of drunks heh.

I also believe they should ban cars from the town centre and promenade, it's much nicer to walk around without them. But that's something else.

Hope you have a prosperous one.

And people didn't believe me on the boat that the TT is like christmas for the manx people!

It's TT, then it's Christmas . . . . and then it's TT again Yaaaay!!!

I've been called in to work on Christmas Day or Boxing Day - no problems. News Year's Day too. But the work know not to contact me TT. :):blink::)

TT - well over a week of great time and entertainment.. to say nothing of [add your thoughts about TT here]

Archived