Tt Is Quiet This Year

TheTool

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Douglas Promenade used to be end-to-end both sides of the road with bikes.

I got a car parked right opposite Papparazzi's on both the Friday of practice week and the Friday of race week. Never mananged to do that before.

Well i personally think the isle of man should have a proper expert or 2 employed to deal with the whole tourism problem.

The TT is the "WORLDS BEST ROAD RACE" and as such it should be a spectacular show not something that hasnt changed in i would say 50 years.

1. Bring back the 400cc, 125cc and 250cc races and run them in one race and have a winer for each class, this class is a great start for some guys who want to learn the course and its great fun to watch.

2. Bring in Rock Bands that BIKERS want to see not locals, we need to be entertaining the paying visitor not just the local's.

3. We need a Static caravan park like UK because there is a shortage of tourist accomadation.

4. A proper Area where visitors can come and watch stunt shows and the like (we have the NSC but nothing ever happens there TT week).

I could go on and on, the main problem i think is the ferry fares and no accomadation people these days don't want to sleep in a soggy tent.

1. Bring back the 400cc, 125cc and 250cc races and run them in one race and have a winer for each class, this class is a great start for some guys who want to learn the course and its great fun to watch.

Just to jump onto this point.

There have been major changes to the classes of the machines this year, so to say it hasn't changed for 50 years is a bit wide of the mark.

IIRC these changes were at the behest of the major players in the races, basically meaning that they wouldn't have to have specific machines designed / built just for the TT. Maybe FCMR is about to confirm this.

IMO these changes have made it more popular and affordable for actual competitiors to include the TT in their calendar, as I believe the application showed this year.

Putting Milky in a rider liaison position was a masterstroke as well, with his detailed knowledge of the racing scene on and off the Island.

I would also argue that it is the lack of accommodation, rather than the Ferry fares which put people off. And camping this year (luckily) must have been OK for most that chose to do it. Plus Germany is in a bit of an economic meltdown at the moment so the Germans aren't travelling in their once huge numbers (anywhere BTW, not just the IOM).

Short circuit track was proposed by Ago yesterday.

I have had a little birdy whisper that the wish might just come true.

British Superbikes, World Superbikes, Motogp all might be in line to take place on the Island with a scaled down version of TT.....

It'll never happen. Teams won't pay the exuberent prices to get here.

Short circuit track was proposed by Ago yesterday.

I have had a little birdy whisper that the wish might just come true.

British Superbikes, World Superbikes, Motogp all might be in line to take place on the Island with a scaled down version of TT.....

It'll never happen. Teams won't pay the exuberent prices to get here.

Again, IIRC, travel to the TT and MGP is subsidised. And these people already pay a fortune to transport themselves and their machinery around the world. Travel costs are all part of it. If it was timed to run just before / after another UK based event, then you never know.........

But I still doubt it myself.

Look what I found here.

It's the German's who camp on that patch of grass at Dhoon Glen.  Proper TT celebrities.

Well i always look out for them guys every year, lets hope they keep coming as they seem to love that spot.

Anyone remmember MUD FLAP the old guy on the honda C90 what ever happened to him ?

But in the case of the tent:

Drinking a pint of warm beer in a tent on a car park that was filthy and had a sticky floor and smelt of sick because it hadn't been cleaned for a week in the middle of warm weather. Well, I would expect to pay £1 tops.

When you consider the fact that the production of beer requires yeast and that yeast are tiny organisms which have the ability to ingest sugar and produce alcohol as a waste product (excrement) which you're happy to drink. It seems strange that you would complain about a sticky floor or the odor of vomit!

Stav.

Look what I found here.

It's the German's who camp on that patch of grass at Dhoon Glen.  Proper TT celebrities.

My German is fairly weak and I admire them translating the site into English.

However I did chuckle at

Michael:

Dreamed long times from the Isle of Man. Thanks to a high tide of the river Rhein dreams become reality.

He works to prise the Lord , loves his wife , his three children and the Isle of Man.

:)

Look what I found here.

Germans as welcome celebrities on this honourable Island - I'm overwhelmed by a feeling of pride and tears of joy :blush:

Let's hope they can afford to come back over in the future - some people still don't get it that you're not helping tourism with a massive two week price hike every year :angry:

Look what I found here.

I've taken them back to their campsite in the taxi a few times in recent years and they are genuinely likeable and friendly. However many of them were smashed out of their heads, there was always one (not the same one each time), who was sober enough to explain where they wanted to go. Somehow, people like them seem to encapsulate the whole feeling of the TT.

-snip- However many of them were smashed out of their heads, there was always one (not the same one each time), who was sober enough to explain where they wanted to go.

Well, giving directions in a foreign language while being totally intoxicated isn't easy - trust me :wacko:

And I guess you might get a few locals who sometimes can't remember where they want to go, or? :rolleyes:

Archived