Tt Is Quiet This Year

TheTool

Well, giving directions in a foreign language while being totally intoxicated isn't easy - trust me :wacko:

And I guess you might get a few locals who sometimes can't remember where they want to go, or?  :rolleyes:

In TT week, half the locals don't even know where they are - let alone where they want to go! :blink:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The TT dropped the two strokes/400 machines and production based machines. They now have 2 super bike an 1 superstock race to comply with whats being raced at othet meetings, they also have the 600 super sport machines.

The TT was well down this year and this is due to a full race program in the UK and Ireland, spectators only have a limited amount of holiday time and the cash to spend going to meetings, coming to the IOM for two weeks is now out of the question for many, most now just come for a long weekend and the Steam Packet can only carry so many at one time.

Hotels on the Island are now out pricing themselves. last Saturday night Sleepwell charged £75 for the night, during TT the same room was £200pn. We race at the NW200 and UGP and we only pay £25/£30pn b&b.

The TT will not last long for many reasons, one being the accident in which a marshal was killed, insurance companies can pull the plug at any time and it would be stupid of the DTL to cover the event on its own. On top of this Teams and riders are fed up with they way they are treated once they get here. But the biggest danger to the TT is the Health & Safety regulations that should be in place.

biggest danger to the TT is the Health & Safety regulations that should be in place.

Should? Care to elaborate?

As this list is to long Ill will give you some examples to be going on with.

Protection of spectators= must be identified and possible impact areas to be protected= Quarter Bridge is an impact area what protection do spectators have=None.

Braddan Bridge None, Union Mills shop area None, the list of areas at the TT is endless.

Pot holes and Gullies+ must be identified and repaired for the safety of competitors and spectators.

Refueling of machines

Protection of spectators= must be identified and possible impact areas to be protected= Quarter Bridge is an impact area what protection do spectators have=None.

Braddan Bridge None, Union Mills shop area None, the list of areas at the TT is endless.

Pot holes and Gullies+ must be identified and repaired for the safety of competitors and spectators.

Refueling of machines

Was thinking that about quarter bridge as well - up at the Creg (which is a very similar location, situated at the bottom of a fast section), they now have that big cage, but nothing down here...

Aren't there signs up saying something like

"Motor sports are dangerous.

anyone within this area spectating

do so entirely at their own risk"

Or words to that effect.

Agreed.

Refueling of machines

I don't know what goes on as I'm always somewhere else, so can't comment.

Aren't there signs up saying something like

"Motor sports are dangerous.

anyone within this area spectating

do so entirely at their own risk"

Or words to that effect.

They cant stop you from standing in your own property and if a bike was to crash over into your property what use would the signs be. The Creg ny Barr are the only property that complies to the health and safety regs on the coarse

Can you really have total Health and Safety on a road racing course? You can't have total Health and Safety on a building site or walking down the street for that matter. All you can do is try and eliminate the risk. Seems a tall order that in any Motor Sport or any sport for that matter.

What are we going to do ban all sports even tiddlywinks just incase you get hit in the eye with a counter.

You say the Creg na Baa is the only property to comply with the Health and Safety Regulations on The TT course. Could you give me a link or the source of your information please?

Could you tell me do the Skerries and the North West 200 comply to all road racing health and safety regulations? Does any road racing circuit comply to these regulations.

I'd like to know where I can get a copy the road racing Health and Safety Regulations? Have you got a copy I can have?

I'm seriously interested as I'm studying Health & Safety at the moment.

But in the case of the tent:

Drinking a pint of warm beer in a tent on a car park that was filthy and had a sticky floor and smelt of sick because it hadn't been cleaned for a week in the middle of warm weather. Well, I would expect to pay £1 tops.

When you consider the fact that the production of beer requires yeast and that yeast are tiny organisms which have the ability to ingest sugar and produce alcohol as a waste product (excrement) which you're happy to drink. It seems strange that you would complain about a sticky floor or the odor of vomit!

Stav.

Hah! Interesting point there. I'll try and get my head around that philosophy next time I'm out on the piz :)

Regarding Bushy's stinky beer tent - note that I did add to my original post:

ps

er, didn't stop me drinking a quick gallon or so though.

Edited to add:

On RadioTT there were loads of songs that seemed to be on ALL day but are never played any other time than TT!! But I quite enjoyed hearing them. rather than be irritated. I keep hearing them in my head but haven't a clue what songs they were. Can anyone help me out with suggestions of often played numbers during this years TT?

The TT will not last long for many reasons, one being the accident in which a marshal was killed,

I understand that John McG is advocating the licensing of marshalls (which shall include official training, first aid, course awareness etc) from now on as opposed to having just anyone who signs on and pulls on a tabard. Whilst admirable it will signal the end of the TT which is struggling to find volunteer marshalls anyway.

I believe that the marshals should be licensed. It will give them the kudos they well deserve and may even help to increase the numbers.

Marshals at major race courses on the mainland are volunteers. They are not paid and have to provide their own safety clothing etc.

FCMR's quote is well worth remembering so that he can be forced to eat his words in years to come. These foreseers of doom regarding the TT are getting pretty boring and thinner on the ground, thankfully.

(It would be useful to hear some of the opinions of the marshals that use this forum)

To be honest with you the decline in marshalls will probably kill the TT.

A lot of them are near retirement age and once they stop who is going to fill there boots, the younger generation don't seem to want to do it they would rather drink and cause mayhem lol nothing wrong with that.

The TT will be scrapped it is a matter of time.

Archived