Tt Is Quiet This Year

TheTool

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only went in the tent to watch one band (Back Door Slam) - rest of the time I either watched the entertainment out front or watched the band on the big screens (when they had them on it).

Loved it. Bushy's may be old hat for (some of) us locals, but it ain't for the bikers, there were thousands of them all enjoying themselves, the music, the displays and the atmosphere.

I did prefer it when there wasn't organised entertainment and people just rode by all night in various states of undress pulling wheelies etc etc, but it's pretty obvious that that's a bit of a hazard, which appears to be a no-no in our litigation-conscious society these days.

Always a shame the tent has to close at 12 midnight though, but that's no doubt down to a bunch of arseholes at the licensing department who disapprove of the whole thing.

You can't please all of the people all the time, but I'd say most seemed pretty happy with Bushy's.

Back to the racing, or is this the wrong thread?

It was a just a procession of the same standard road bikes in race after race. Same bikes, same riders, same sounds.

They may as well have held two races on the first day - then TT over, because that is what sort of happened.

Nothing exotic, different or interesting in terms of machinery all week.

We need race produced bikes, not production road bikes.

Moto GP's could race here with minor modifications - that would be a little more interesting.

We need RACING bikes, 125, 250, 400, not a procession of exactly the same production bikes.

It could kill the TT - why stay 10 days for six races which are just repeats of each other?

Kite m8 i was a marshall but being self employed has made me stop doing it, i am not forcasting doom all i am saying is when i marshalled i was one of the youngest all the rest were in there 50's.

What i mean is unless we get more younger people into it the TT will die.

a lot of comeovers want rid of it anyway because they cannot get to the shop for 20 fags and a pint of milk lol.

Archived