Should Road Racing Be Banned?

The Sick Moon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You always were a bore, Pierrot - fuck off and die painfully in a fire, there's a good member.

From what I can make out from trawling around, PL (not me) seems to be quite a popular member, probably much more so than you. You seem a little jealous of him/her.

Anyway, enough of your poor trolling, back on topic. 6 more days on the iplayer for this show. It's quite funny really, the BBC running such a fevered debate on an event they have the rights to cover. Hard to imagine Manx Radio chairing a similar debate on the TT, and hardly anyone dies in the NW200 compared to the island. I thought the show was a bit stupid really, neither side was convincing in the slightest. Just a lot of slightly shouty people, dismissing each other in a slightly shouty way. Just like Manx Forums! But with visuals. A proper debate on the subject needs a more serious vehicle.

You always were a bore, Pierrot - fuck off and die painfully in a fire, there's a good member.

From what I can make out from trawling around, PL (not me) Yeah because it's just a coincidence that you've named yourself after one of Giraud's dire poems used for the even more dire music Schoenberg threw at them in the nauseating mess known as Pierrot Lunaire.

seems to be quite a popular member, Only in his own imagination and that of his sock puppets probably much more so than you.

You seem a little jealous of him/her. Of course.. you're so right!whatever.gifwhatever.gifwhatever.gifwhatever.gif

Anyway, as I've already said, you are a bore. I won't respond any further.

Stupid thread from a stupid OP. Anyone know what PL's up to these days?

The scales have fallen from my eyes. I couldn't work out what prompted Amadeus's extreme reaction, but now I see the not so subtle clue left by Lonan. In my defence, it was probably due to being called a poo poo head by Merkin.

Got to wonder the effects of video everywhere on road racing.

The HD full detail clip of the tragic nw200 accident was all over social media before it was announced the man had died. These accidents are harrowing enough when you hear about them, but to see them is even worse.

The road racing fans like to downplay the risk, several hundred thousand views on youtube isn't going to help.

From what I can make out from trawling around, PL (not me) seems to be quite a popular member, probably much more so than you. You seem a little jealous of him/her.

You had your fun PL. Now do everyone a favour and fuck off.

The HD full detail clip of the tragic nw200 accident was all over social media before it was announced the man had died. These accidents are harrowing enough when you hear about them, but to see them is even worse.

The road racing fans like to downplay the risk, several hundred thousand views on youtube isn't going to help.

I don't think anyone downplays the risk - the common argument is that the racers are aware of the risk.

You had your fun PL. Now do everyone a favour and fuck off.

Such grandiloquence! Poor old Pierrot! What did s/he to rattle you so? Let me get this right, Lonan3 and Amadeus - both the same user, right? As in, one is t'other's sock puppet?

I found that on youtube but I had to stop it before the actual crash, which had been slowed right down apparently. I don't want to see that personally. It's almost going viral though so a lot of people must enjoy watching that sort of thing.

I don't think anyone downplays the risk - the common argument is that the racers are aware of the risk.

That poor bloke doesn't look as if he was aware of anything during the slide before what was probably the fatal blow.

I found that on youtube but I had to stop it before the actual crash, which had been slowed right down apparently. I don't want to see that personally. It's almost going viral though so a lot of people must enjoy watching that sort of thing.

Why look for it in the first place then? Then why even start watching it?

To paraphrase the disclaimer from The Offspring's "Ixnay on the Hombre" album, if it offends you then just don't watch it.

Archived