Scary Ladies

germann

Just read this on Manx Radio's website:

Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault that occurred in the early hours of Monday morning.

A man walking past Quids Inn pub at around 12.20am was sworn at by a group of women, before one of them approached him and punched him twice around the head.

Police say that although his injuries were not serious, the victim was left extremely distressed and upset by the unprovoked attack.

I can't make up my mind as to what is more surprising about this story; a bloke getting jumped by a load of women, or the fact that he had the courage to report it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read this on Manx Radio's website:

Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault that occurred in the early hours of Monday morning.

A man walking past Quids Inn pub at around 12.20am was sworn at by a group of women, before one of them approached him and punched him twice around the head.

Police say that although his injuries were not serious, the victim was left extremely distressed and upset by the unprovoked attack.

I can't make up my mind as to what is more surprising about this story; a bloke getting jumped by a load of women, or the fact that he had the courage to report it.

He was quite right to report it, assault is assault, no matter who the assailant.

Why should he have been ashamed of it anyway? What else could he have done? Just let them get away with it? If it was another bloke, fair enough he could have fought back. But who would have been in more trouble if he'd fought back physically in this situation?

Time to swallow the old macho pride in a situation like this, fella...

You could always get your Mum to beat them up?

Seriously though, it must be a very difficult situation. I've been stood next to a mate of mine when a girl walked up and smacked him flush on the chin when he was arguing with her bloke. He just snarled at her and she backed off but it's easy to see how someone could lose their self control.

I personally think that if a woman feels that she's entitled to assault anyone without due cause and I don't know if there was any cause here or not but allegedly there wasn't. Then yes it should be reported but you're equally entitled to defend yourself within reason.

There's a difference between being brought up to know that you shouldn't hit a woman and knowing when a woman is using her gender to her advantage.

Stav.

you're equally entitled to defend yourself within reason.

It's the 'within reason' that's hard to quantify. Pushing them away is fine, smashing them in the face with a closed fist is not. Open handed slap? Armlock? Who knows. Err on the side of caution and walk (run) away.

I don't have a problem with women swearing at me, it happens quite often when I'm out.

Maybe I should think about revising my chat up line, after all "fancy a shag?" hasn't got me laid once yet.

Stav.

you're equally entitled to defend yourself within reason.

It's the 'within reason' that's hard to quantify. Pushing them away is fine, smashing them in the face with a closed fist is not. Open handed slap? Armlock? Who knows. Err on the side of caution and walk (run) away.

Tell her she needs to bleach her muzzy, or her shoes don't match her outfit, or her arse is huge. Far more effective and longer lasting than a slap ;)

I don't have a problem with women swearing at me, it happens quite often when I'm out.

Maybe I should think about revising my chat up line, after all "fancy a shag?" hasn't got me laid once yet.

Stav.

From 'Anannova' 07-06-2005

Australia wants to ban a British entrepreneur from naming a beer Shag.

Brewed in Holland as Alpha beer, it's sold internationally by Terry Ball's Rebell Holdings company as Shag.

Advertisements feature a bottle of the beer on the backseat of a car and the catchphrase: "Fancy a Shag?"

Mr Ball insists the beer is named after the bird of the same name but New South Wales government minister Grant McBride is not convinced.

He said: "To name the product Shag links it directly with sexual intercourse - and that's not on.

"It is irresponsible to link alcohol and sex so blatantly. I'm outraged by this product."

Mr McBride, an avowed teetotaller and father-of-eight, has banned three other alcoholic drinks since becoming the Gaming and Racing Minister in 2003, including Moo Joose, a chocolate milkshake with vodka.

He said: "We don't want to stop people having a good time, but this product seeks to maximise risk-taking behaviour through a series of tacky, sex-themed ads."

A spokesperson from the Australian distributor for Dutch brewery, Alpha, was surprised to learn the beer's name had caused a stir.

"It's named after a shag, the bird, which features on the label," she said downplaying the controversy as nothing more than "a storm in a glass of beer".

Perhaps they think you're offering them a beer, Stav!

Tell her she needs to bleach her muzzy, or her shoes don't match her outfit, or her arse is huge. Far more effective and longer lasting than a slap  ;)

Oh this is turning into a hints and tips of what I shouldn't say when doing some chatting up!

Stav.

Archived