Scary Ladies

germann

Just read this on Manx Radio's website:

Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault that occurred in the early hours of Monday morning.

A man walking past Quids Inn pub at around 12.20am was sworn at by a group of women, before one of them approached him and punched him twice around the head.

Police say that although his injuries were not serious, the victim was left extremely distressed and upset by the unprovoked attack.

I can't make up my mind as to what is more surprising about this story; a bloke getting jumped by a load of women, or the fact that he had the courage to report it.

I saw that, it was pretty harsh :ph34r:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is not acceptable to hit anyone who assaulted you, man or woman.  Unless you are under threat from further serious assault.

You have the option to walk/run/move away.  Any other action by you and you are as liable as the original assaulter.

And Jesus says so as well.

i understand what you are saying, but i disagree. admittedly, i have the option (hypothetically) to move away, but then the assailant also has the option to move with me. the assailant had the option to not strike out in the first place. the assailant also has the option of moving away when i strike back.

to me its a matter of ethics. i would never strike anyone without reason, and would never, ever land the first blow, but god help the person who decides to land a blow on me that doesnt knock me out

I once seen a pal of mine get hammered by a girl. She kicked him right in the goolies with a pair of pointy shoes and pulled his hair out of his head. It was really quite disturbing and he wouldn't hit her back. What the hell are you supposed to do?

I think my mate shown a tremendous amount of restraint as did this bloke in the pub - he should respected not laughed at.

It is not acceptable to hit anyone who assaulted you, man or woman.  Unless you are under threat from further serious assault.

You have the option to walk/run/move away.  Any other action by you and you are as liable as the original assaulter.

Twice in recent months I've had to remain calm and walk away after getting abusive verbals from drunk tossers intent on starting a fight with me. Really difficult to walk away when your blood is at boiling point. Each time I've remained calm and walked away unhurt... while mentally picturing them being tortured.

I find it amazing the things some people are willing to fight over when drunk

Maybe I'm lucky in that I very rarely get inclined towards physical violence drunk or sober...

When I was away in Chester a stranger tried to shake hands with me and when I refused (having not even looked at him before that) he and his 2 mates decided it was worth a fight..... xxxxs

Twice in recent months I've had to remain calm and walk away after getting abusive verbals from drunk tossers intent on starting a fight with me.

Happens on a weekly basis for me.

I'm a firm believer that it takes more courage to walk away than to stay and fight.

For someone to be able to take that abuse & intimidation and just walk away, deserves respect.

Twice in recent months I've had to remain calm and walk away after getting abusive verbals from drunk tossers intent on starting a fight with me.

Happens on a weekly basis for me.

The old pick on the biggest guy in the pub theory?

Years ago I knew a lad who was going out with some girl who frequently beat the crap of out of him when she'd had a few drinks. One night she got carried away and clocked him one in the face (a few times), cut his lip/nose etc. This is even when he was walking away, she carried on kicking, slapping etc, eventually he threw her in a hedge and she banged her head....... After that, she was going round telling people _he_ beat her up. A punch in the face would be perceived as unreasonable, afterall, she's a girl, but - if it was a bloke it'd be self defence (if he had no choice). Its funny how perceptions change when women and assualt are involved. Its no surprise he wasn't with her long, and she's "done porridge" a few times since.

On a sidenote, I know of a few women who are more butch, meaner and have larger calves and forearms than I can ever hope for - ala Polish shotputter types. See they're probably more of a threat than a lot of blokes.

I had a girlfriend who was violent, she started out nice as pie as they all do then turn nasty (as they all do). Fortunately she never got the better of me, but I think she is in hiding now as everyone is wanting to kick the living shoite out of her, I would join them if if I could find my ballaclava and baseball bat :D

I think that its terrible that women get away with such things, like I know that I would never hit a man, no way, cause i would think that i would be gettin one back? In this day and age, women are alot stronger and if i was to hit a man, i would take one back off him.....all in the name of equality!

I think hitting anyone is wrong, so I wouldnt be in that situation..

Im also not sure that men are stronger than women, thats a bit of a stereotype, if your woman is bolshy enough to smak you in the face I guess she is not scared of the comeback?

Just thinkin of assults etc, i remember one time though that me and my mate were queing up for chips at the carousel after being out one night - she, admittedly looks like a bloke with long hair, skinny, tall, wears manly clothes and that night she had a basball hat on, some drunk man pushed in front of her and she said "mate, get to the back yea" (she has a deep voice too) and he just battered her, i mean proper hitting her in the face, practically dragged her up by her hair and was kicking her, people were just dumbstruck - cause we all knew it was my mate Jenni, and i we tried to stop him, but he just went mental, he really assaulted her, and i always wonder if he thought she was man, or if he was just a woman beater??????

I hate fights and I especially hate seing women fighting, screaming and pullin each others hair!

I feel bad for that guy, cause it dosent matter who assaults you it is still assault and it can have a long term mental effect - i think prob worse cause it was women in the fact that there is an element of shame involved. But i just hope he is ok and that he realises that these women were obv very retarded, bored and sad individuals!

I had anothe incident about 3 weeks after I was mugged, I was walking down the road at 5am with my sister as we were tryin to get the train to take us to Gatwick to go on holiday - a group of Asian guys were obv coming back from the club, one guy walked up to me, squared up to me and spat at me and screamed FUKC YOU in my face and pretended like he was gona chin me with his knee, they were also screaming FUKC YOU at my sister and we had to run with our cases to a taxi rank for safety - this was so worrying in the fact that it was men doing this to us and i was shaking so much my knees would not hold me up....its a sad world we live in to be honest........ :angry::(

Hi Tea and Biscuits- Thats awful I hope your friend got the said person done. There is no reason for all this voilence its seems to be comming a way of life with some people.

If going out for a drink means getting drunk, thats ok as long as you don't bother others, and get home safely, but these people who launch into fighting mode are awful and very scarey .. If thats a fun night out I dread to think what they would be like in a temper.

People like that spoil it for everyone.

I often wonder! as well as the lack of law and order, is this violence due to what people eat- I mean look at all the addatives in food etc. It just makes me wonder.

What do think

Archived