Tt - General

Jack from Laxey

Sorry to start another TT topic, but what the heck, (it will all be over in a few days!)

Went down to the Villa Marina Promenade Suite and saw the band Quill. Excellent stuff - and free entry! They've been coming over for a few years now and seem to enjoy themselves over here.

The lasses do a great job fronting the band, but the drummer has to be seen/heard to be believed and unintentionally steals the show. Totally unique!!!

It's different from when they played in the Marquee in the Villa grounds, but those were the days when there was a support band and 'Miss wet T-shirt'.

I haven't seen Johnny and the Rocco's yet this year. Another must-see for TT.

Any other comments about the bands and entertainment?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant stand quill, find em really cheesy and naff. Been loving the fun at the Venue this year though, bands and tits, everyones a winner!

Planty ruled. Bands in the bushies tent largely pointless as you can't see or hear em. Dissapointed that Ray Davies is sitting only tonight.

I think the whole TT festival has been very 'festivally' the entertainment has been spot on, I want to be out all the time. I agree about Bushies Slim, with all the 'shows' going on outside you cannot really hear the bands, it was ace the Sunday before though (Band Aid) and the police have had special niceness training, I was talking to a couple of 'bobbies' on Saturday night, they were very cool (I never have anything good to say about the Police BTW).

In knocking together my event guide, I was amazed with the number of Live music events this year.

I'm not really into the music scene, but big respect for the amount of local talent on show around the Island.

As for 'other' entertainment, new ideas seem to be limited whether that be the organisers or the available facilities on the Island.

Is that you laughing in the clip?, your laugh is great!!!!

When was the quad on then?

Nope, wasn't me - some Tourists next to - nearly wetting themselves once they got up again after the initial blast :D

Quad was on around 10pm - think it's the same tonight...

Just been watching the Red Arrows over Douglas - quite entertaining, but the traffic chaos at Douglas Head was way more amusing :D

Douglas_Head2.jpg

Have thrown some pics/clips into cyberspace - all TT stuff, now to be found here

For the clips, right-click and save - only stuff from my mobile, but hey - still good enough to send away by email...

Might take a few more tonight, or if anyone wants, could post other peoples clips on there - would save bandwidth here (if that's a problem) and at last, these stupid video phones would be good for something...

i was told they cancelled it because of the tides, strange how they just creep up like that, wouldnt it be good if we had a book with them in.....wait i know we could call it a tidetable.....

sand racing in peel tomorrow night, red arras at 6:30 then sand stuff followed by fireworks

Cheers for the clips Amadeus.

I saw the jetquad tonight. 100% amazing - there is serious power coming out of that machine - blew the crowd away!! Fantastic.

Bushy's tent is great fun but the bands don't deserve to have to compete with 'Kinners' and other such noisy events outside. Johnny and the Roccos were playing tonight but it must be hard to play a gig when there is a jet engine etc. playing on the other side of the tarpaulin.

I also saw Quill again at the Villa (I'm a sucker for any free entry gigs) . In my drunken stupor the other night I could have sworn half of them were miming - (but definitely not the drummer)

Even so, it was still good entertainment for pishedpeople but there again so is Karaoke. Tonight however, I was quite sober and they had certainly got their act together alright and demonstrated good musicianship. Maybe I was mistaken the other night.

Archived