Majority of drink driving arrests are locals

The Sick Moon

Amadeus, on 03 Jun 2014 - 19:12, said: . Go on, show me where I use a sock puppet. Right fucking now.

lol

Well, do. Go on. Now that you're all ganging up on one, you'll have to back your little internet war up.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally don't have a problem with many people on here. I don't agree very often with TJ or LDV but that is fine with me. PL is someone I never had much to do with but would probably group s/he in the same section as the other two I have mentioned.

I do have an issue with these "sock-puppets" though regardless of who is behind them. All that they do is derail threads (see this one as a case in point) and make other discussions pointless. I don't even mind the odd controversial posting as long as the discussion is good but so often recently everything descends into bickering and name calling.

Amadeus, on 03 Jun 2014 - 19:12, said: . Go on, show me where I use a sock puppet. Right fucking now.

lol

Well, do. Go on. Now that you're all ganging up on one, you'll have to back your little internet war up.

You're taking the internet too seriously dude.

I generally don't have a problem with many people on here. I don't agree very often with TJ or LDV but that is fine with me. PL is someone I never had much to do with but would probably group s/he in the same section as the other two I have mentioned.

People smarter than you?

I agree, Censorship. They're confusing nationality and race; Manx and Germans are subfamilies of the same race.

What about a black Manx person?

No such thing as race so whatever floats your boat.

No such thing as race? How can Manx and Germans be subfamilies of the same race if there's no such thing as race?

There's the human race and of course there are different peoples within that race, but I don't believe they should be categorised as "races" plural. Maybe this belief is more ideological, religious or political than biological or scientiic, but I'm sticking to it. I want to see unity of people of every background, not division. We should unite around something important like ideas and values, not things we have no choice in like skin colour or place of birth.

People smarter than you?

Interesting comment TJ. It is not I that resorts to name calling and questioning the intelligence of other forum users.

Interesting comment TJ. It is not I that resorts to name calling and questioning the intelligence of other forum users.

It was just a joke. What on earth did you mean by "the same section"?

Well, tone is very difficult to pick up from postings on the internet so I apologise if I misunderstood your comment.

As for "the same section" all that I mean by that is that you and LDV in particular have similar, although not identical, beliefs with regards to the present arrangement of society and the direction in which you would like to see it move. You also, at times, share a similar disregard for those who do not share your views.

Essentially I am categorising you both as people who have some interesting ideals and while I do not always agree I am happy to engage in discussion. Although recently LDV has been very quiet and you have been more sporadic and, if I may say so, more inconsistent in your postings.

I have another category for people like Lonan & Tatlock who are people that have been on here for a long time. Not that I always agree with them either.

Thanks everyone for the explanation .............. slightly wish I'd never asked ermm.gif

Ack nooo, PL was my favourite poster ever (except for keyboarder and Roxanne - who is my IRL MFBFF) he/she was hated by the masses but remains my MF posting idol :)

Thanks everyone for the explanation .............. slightly wish I'd never asked ermm.gif

Ack nooo, PL was my favourite poster ever (except for keyboarder and Roxanne - who is my IRL MFBFF) he/she was hated by the masses but remains my MF posting idol smile.png

I never had an issue with PL, didn't have much to do with him so was never personally offended. Now Keyboarder, they was a proper interesting character. Part troll, part sociopath but always quite amusing.

I liked PL's posts too. I didn't even see what was so controversial about them. He just typed normal things, then people would have a spack attack. I guess it's true: if nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong.

You're doing everything right, then....

Oh, hang on, maybe it better to include this....

whatever.gif

Archived