Zero G Flights

Amadeus

Swiss company to launch ‘ZeroG experience’ in 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2639614/All-aboard-vomit-comet-Swiss-company-launch-ZeroG-experience-2015-rival-Bransons-Virgin-Galactic.html

First time Zero G flights are available in Europe?

http://zerog.s-3.ch/

None in the UK it seems (see map on the page), but they have Switzerland and France listed if anyone fancies a go :)

Weightless vomit suddenly slamming down on you sounds absolutely delightful...

£5000 for the premium experience and you get a free watch! Seems totally worth it to me...Somehow I think I'll wait a bit longer, given the speed at which we've progressed in the past 100 years, from powered flight to men on the moon within 60 years...surely we can't be THAT far off now. I mean we've fucked Mother Earth without even buying her dinner first so we'll have to ditch it sometime.

Anyone willing to go on the Mars One program? There are a few I'm sure other posters would have happily signed up whilst the sign-ups were still open...

I think it will still be a while until you get a space experience for easyjet money. Even Branson is more words than action.

Until then this seems the most affordable option, and luckily they have two flights scheduled for here. When you book they ask you to get a medical certificate from an aviation medical examiner or similarly qualified doctor to say you're fit enough to do this. I'm hoping two winters on the Ben My Chree and Lady of Mann mean a little airplane bouncing up and down won't make me sick smile.png

Lots of military pilots get space sickness so there may not be a correlation; I would investigate pharmacological prophylactics if youre serious.

Alternatively, you could consider one of the high-altitude baloons being developed. A couple of hours at high altitide with great views and potentially lower risk profile, and no microgravity illness risk!

Actually, scratch that, looks like the baloon flights are six figures (euro) as well.

Don't believe these until they actually happen. There's far too much regulation to allow this for the 'low' price it's stating.

There's a reason it's usually military or military contractors who do the testing for zero G - they get around the regulation.

Somehow I think I'll wait a bit longer, given the speed at which we've progressed in the past 100 years, from powered flight to men on the moon within 60 years...surely we can't be THAT far off now.

...but done pretty much fuck all in the grand scheme of things in the 40 years since.

We should have been on Mars by now. And since then we've even lost a planet.

Lots of military pilots get space sickness so there may not be a correlation; I would investigate pharmacological prophylactics if youre serious.

Alternatively, you could consider one of the high-altitude baloons being developed. A couple of hours at high altitide with great views and potentially lower risk profile, and no microgravity illness risk!

Actually, scratch that, looks like the baloon flights are six figures (euro) as well.

Surely you mean prophylaxis? Not sure how condoms would help on the flight...

Also, the balloon flights have been proven to be possible on a budget, Larry Walters comes to mind...

Archived