Give up dairy to beat cancer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a life without milk & cheese? sounds like no life at all....

But your life can't be ALL about milk and cheese, is it? Surely you don't find your goals, aspirations and purpose in life through the...prism of cheese and milk.

Drums fingers and waits for a 'humourist' to introduce a sock puppet named 'Gromit.'

a life without milk & cheese? sounds like no life at all....

But your life can't be ALL about milk and cheese, is it? Surely you don't find your goals, aspirations and purpose in life through the...prism of cheese and milk.

Drums fingers and waits for a 'humourist' to introduce a sock puppet named 'Gromit.'

Crackin'....

Here we go. Us humans couldn't always tolerate lactose, a shift in our genetic make-up seems to've allowed some tolerance to creep in, maybe a survival adaptation...

http://www.npr.org/blogs//thesalt/2012/12/27/168144785/an-evolutionary-whodunit-how-did-humans-develop-lactose-tolerance

We're all genetically modified. How shocking, I advise avoiding other humansrolleyes.gif

I don't think they are poor substitutes at all. The only time I've had a problem is with soya milk when added straight into just-boiled water (tea). It can curdle. But then you're not making your tea properly anyway if that happens.

Try almond milk. Shouldn't have a problem with that and tastes great.

M&S milk doesn't curdle.

I don't need a study to tell me that genetically modified food is bad for my health.

Big corporations have a stranglehold over all these studies. If scientists or universities were to go up against them, they would soon be thrown off the gravy train of grants and funding. You can't go up against the big corporations unless you're as rich and powerful as a corporation and can match them with armies of lawyers to back you up; and, even if you can do so, I'd say good luck finding any university or academic who will do the study for you. You only need to look at the IOM Government to see how self-serving gravy trains operate.

Soya causes a LOT of problems!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2004/nov/07/foodanddrink.features7

In recent years the food industry has wasted no time in extolling soya's alleged health benefits, claiming it can lower cholesterol, help with menopausal systems, ward off osteoporosis and even reduce the risks of some cancers. However, aside from research linking soya to reduced male fertility, studies now link the phyto-oestrogens found in the plant to an increased risk of other types of cancer. It has also been claimed that it damages brain function in men and causes hidden developmental abnormalities in infants. Some even attribute the early onset of puberty in western women to the spread of soya in diets.

Some research estimates that soya is present in more than 70 per cent of all supermarket products and widely used by most fast food chains. The reason for its rapid rise in popularity is that it is both a very cheap source of protein and - when crushed - a source of high-quality vegetable oil.

No fragment of the bean is wasted. Even the husk is used as a source of fibre in breads, cereals and snacks. The oil extracted from soya is the most consumed vegetable oil in the world, and is used in margarines, salad dressings and cooking oils. Food labels will simply list soya oil as vegetable oil.

For those who suffer a strong allergic reaction to cow's milk or follow a vegan diet, soya milk has always been an important option. But others drink it as a less fattening alternative to cow's milk. What they don't realise is that it also gives them an injection of a chemical that mimics oestrogen. One industry source admitted that the breakthrough for soya milk came when retailers were persuaded to put soya milk into the chilled cabinet, giving it the illusion of being a fresh product. Some soya milk adverts tell the reader to look for it in the fresh food section. In reality, soya milk is no more than bean juice with some added flavouring to make it more palatable.

I don't need a study to tell me that genetically modified food is bad for my health.

Big corporations have a stranglehold over all these studies. If scientists or universities were to go up against them, they would soon be thrown off the gravy train of grants and funding. You can't go up against the big corporations unless you're as rich and powerful as a corporation and can match them with armies of lawyers to back you up; and, even if you can do so, I'd say good luck finding any university or academic who will do the study for you. You only need to look at the IOM Government to see how self-serving gravy trains operate.

So you're happy to be convinced it's bad for you on a whimsical basis. Can you see where you may go wrong with that approach?

Soya causes a LOT of problems!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2004/nov/07/foodanddrink.features7

In recent years the food industry has wasted no time in extolling soya's alleged health benefits, claiming it can lower cholesterol, help with menopausal systems, ward off osteoporosis and even reduce the risks of some cancers. However, aside from research linking soya to reduced male fertility, studies now link the phyto-oestrogens found in the plant to an increased risk of other types of cancer. It has also been claimed that it damages brain function in men and causes hidden developmental abnormalities in infants. Some even attribute the early onset of puberty in western women to the spread of soya in diets.

Some research estimates that soya is present in more than 70 per cent of all supermarket products and widely used by most fast food chains. The reason for its rapid rise in popularity is that it is both a very cheap source of protein and - when crushed - a source of high-quality vegetable oil.

No fragment of the bean is wasted. Even the husk is used as a source of fibre in breads, cereals and snacks. The oil extracted from soya is the most consumed vegetable oil in the world, and is used in margarines, salad dressings and cooking oils. Food labels will simply list soya oil as vegetable oil.

For those who suffer a strong allergic reaction to cow's milk or follow a vegan diet, soya milk has always been an important option. But others drink it as a less fattening alternative to cow's milk. What they don't realise is that it also gives them an injection of a chemical that mimics oestrogen. One industry source admitted that the breakthrough for soya milk came when retailers were persuaded to put soya milk into the chilled cabinet, giving it the illusion of being a fresh product. Some soya milk adverts tell the reader to look for it in the fresh food section. In reality, soya milk is no more than bean juice with some added flavouring to make it more palatable.

Dairy industry funded propaganda.

So you're happy to be convinced it's bad for you on a whimsical basis. Can you see where you may go wrong with that approach?

I've read plenty of research. It isn't "whimsical". I just can't be arsed trying to find it all again to spoon-feed to people on here.

Archived