Multiple Accounts

wrighty

Multiple Accounts  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's been some talk in one of the other threads about this, and Amadeus said he would talk to other mods about it. What do users think?

I only have one account. I don't mind the odd spoof account, which I know others run (eg Geoff Cockish, thomasjefferson, Civil Servant etc) and can be quite funny. I don't like the idea that people have sock puppets and use multiple accounts to agree with themselves, like their own posts, or sometimes even argue with themselves.

Vote away - hopefully honestly, as it's a private vote.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have one account. I don't mind the odd spoof account, which I know others run (eg Geoff Cockish, thomasjefferson, Civil Servant etc) and can be quite funny. I don't like the idea that people have sock puppets and use multiple accounts to agree with themselves, like their own posts, or sometimes even argue with themselves.

Voted No/No

I agree with your summary.

No/No.

Don't really see the point, other than for the likes of Geoff Cockish which I admit is quite funny. It's good to be able to comment on issues of the day but why would you want to argue/agree with yourself? Life is too short. As for having a spare account to "like" your own posts; that sounds too stupid for words. Sometimes, even one account can seem too much. I have cut the time I spend here dramatically because I found myself arguing with people about all kinds of tosh when I should have been working. It can get addictive, and when you are the boss you only have yourself to kick your own backside and tell you to get back to work!

Archived