Multiple Accounts

wrighty

Multiple Accounts  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No and no.

Posting under one account is bad enough - waiting for someone to point out grammar and spelling mistakes, let alone picking apart what I have actually written.

Comedy accounts are well worth it

You're missing a full stop after your last sentence.

No.No.

Very positive - not the least bit befuddled.

Do you see it as your role on Manx Forums to follow people around and try and work out who their sock puppets might be and then out them to all? That is so sad, Manx Forums must be your life.

Yes, No.

It's interesting that most of the regular posters have voted "NO" and stated "NO" publicly to a ban. But "YES" is winning - so who are voting "YES", sock puppets, lurkers? We can't have a rule enacted, that the mods don't want to (and probably can't) enforce, that isn't supported by the main member base that keep the forum running (subscribers, regular posters) to placate faceless lurkers who drop in now and again.

Even then it would be rule made essentially to combat one or two people being a dick. Imposing a rule on the many to deal with exceptional behaviour of a few is always a recipe for disaster. This is a temporary phase we are going through. Give it time. They'll grow bored and leave or settle down to be a normal poster. That always happens.

The fact that I've identified you as a new manifestation of the extremely rude, ignorant and offensive troll who used to post under the name of 'Pierrot Lunaire' is hardly occupying 90% of my time or my posts, Shit Moon.

No & Yes (but I accept that technically it is impractical/impossible). My objection is that there are very few "comedy" accounts around and the quality of those that are in existence is very variable (but I accept that my sense of humour will be different from others)

t's interesting that most of the regular posters have voted "NO" and stated "NO" publicly to a ban. But "YES" is winning - so who are voting "YES", sock puppets, lurkers? We can't have a rule enacted, that the mods don't want to (and probably can't) enforce, that isn't supported by the main member base that keep the forum running (subscribers, regular posters) to placate faceless lurkers who drop in now and again.

It could be that all the sock-puppet accounts used for trolling put may of the lurkers off posting as they cannot be bothered with the nonsense that gets posted up. If there were fewer trolls then maybe participation would increase.

The fact that I've identified you as a new manifestation of the extremely rude, ignorant and offensive troll who used to post under the name of 'Pierrot Lunaire' is hardly occupying 90% of my time or my posts, Shit Moon.

That's a very terse statement....

I had one actual 'sock puppet' several years ago - at a time when I had stopped posting as Lonan3. Other than that, I have briefly used some 'spoof' accounts.

I haven't, however, used something like the Manxtaxpayer account to put 'likes' on the junk produced by the same poster as the obnoxious Pierrot Lunaire.

Wow, this Pierrot Lunaire thing really is an obsession with you/Amadeus isn't it? S/he must have really humiliated you, you poor thing.

Archived