Multiple Accounts

wrighty

Multiple Accounts  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can only sign up, I think, once per e-mail address. That the only limiter at present. I'm pretty sure administrators can identify multiple account links, but why should administrators have to take on responsibility of checking all new members.

Administrators and moderators really don't interfere on here very much by comparison to other sites. But they still get stick.

It's a No and a No from me in this rather silly poll. I can't imagine why anyone would need a sock puppet apart from comedy value, but if sockpuppetry were to be banned Manx Forum's income would be cut by about 90%!

That's actually a well thought out post. I think I shall agrea with it and click the 'like' button. Others may follow if they want.

Nice post.

It's a No and a No from me in this rather silly poll. I can't imagine why anyone would need a sock puppet apart from comedy value, but if sockpuppetry were to be banned Manx Forum's income would be cut by about 90%!

what income? There isn't a joining fee. Members are free to subscribe (ie donate), or not.

what income? There isn't a joining fee. Members are free to subscribe (ie donate), or not.

Exactly. Seeing as most of the subscribers are, in my opinion, the same person, then if you ban sock puppets you'll have far fewer subscribers. It's perfectly simple!

Archived