Multiple Accounts

wrighty

Multiple Accounts  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what income? There isn't a joining fee. Members are free to subscribe (ie donate), or not.

Exactly. Seeing as most of the subscribers are, in my opinion, the same person, then if you ban sock puppets you'll have far fewer subscribers. It's perfectly simple!

who pray?

just did a filtered check on subscribers on the members page. There are only 55. Some haven't posted for quite some time. I suspect that is 55 who have donated over the life of MF rather than current subscribers. None of them are members who I might suspect of being sockpuppets TSM, and the one subscriber who I know has two accounts, one for PC and one for mobile, and openly admits it, has only subscribed the once

Forums come and go, and it does seem that MF has been on a downward slide for some time now. Maybe MF's reaching the end of its natural life and someone (Amadeus ?) will swoop in with a new one based on a different mindset. Maybe TJ's random outpourings are just the smell of a corpse that's starting to rot.

... Maybe TJ's random outpourings are just the smell of a corpse that's starting to rot.

when one garrulous boor starts to dominate then obvious that the board's days are numbered - the analogy of a bluebottle fly attracted by a rotting carcase seems quite apt.

Maybe TJ's random outpourings are just the smell of a corpse that's starting to rot.

What a load of rubbish. For starters, the number of active subscribers is not the same as the number of active posters. Most people can't afford or see no reason to spend the amount to become a subscriber. Come to mention it, I reckon if they changed it to £5 or something, they'd get a lot more people subscribing. Anyway, I've seen no evidence that the forum is a corpse. If anything, it seems more active now than at any time I can remember (and I did lurk for years before posting).

People like me (i.e. non-geriatrics) who post about different things are the ones who keep the forum active. If we stopped posting, and the forum was left to just these moaning geriatrics discussing the minutiae of government spending then I suspect the forum would indeed become a corpse.

I think the clique of whinging self-appointed hallway monitors, who constantly attack other posters, even new posters, and make everything personal are the ones who chase people away. They're so negative and personally insulting, and they're not even doing it in a joking sort of way. People just can't be arsed with all that sort of bitching and taking of the internet so seriously. I might stop bothering when I reach 10k posts as well. Most people -- or at least this is the reason I visit here personally -- is because they like to hear other local people's opinions on things or maybe for a laugh. They don't come here to be constantly textually abused by a bunch of tossers every single time they post something.

... Maybe TJ's random outpourings are just the smell of a corpse that's starting to rot.

when one garrulous boor starts to dominate then obvious that the board's days are numbered - the analogy of a bluebottle fly attracted by a rotting carcase seems quite apt.

Yeh, because your posts are always so interesting and insightful.

Yeh, because your posts are always so insightful. Prick.

Right now, I so wish you were within swatting distance.

who pray?

I know what you lawyers are like, so I can only stress that I'm only guessing and have no proof, therefore it is only an opinion (although the very same doesn't seem to stop members of your editing team bandying about accusations of sock puppetry, which by virtue of the fact that they have moderator status would naturally seem to lend more weight to their ridiculous claims). My instincts however, have served me very well in the past and at the moment they are telling me that:

Amadeus = GD4ELI = Gladys = Lonan3 = Mission = and probably = you too. Alphabetical order, no hierarchical implication, and just a start. I'm sure there are others, if you include regulars, several hundred others.

I don't know yet, it's a hostile bunch who make up most of the core posters here, with a few exceptions, quite offensive really. I'm not sure this place deserves the exercising of my mind.

You always have the right to leave anytime you choose...

Archived