Multiple Accounts

wrighty

Multiple Accounts  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

who pray?

I know what you lawyers are like, so I can only stress that I'm only guessing and have no proof, therefore it is only an opinion (although the very same doesn't seem to stop members of your editing team bandying about accusations of sock puppetry, which by virtue of the fact that they have moderator status would naturally seem to lend more weight to their ridiculous claims). My instincts however, have served me very well in the past and at the moment they are telling me that:

Amadeus = GD4ELI = Gladys = Lonan3 = Mission = and probably = you too. Alphabetical order, no hierarchical implication, and just a start. I'm sure there are others, if you include regulars, several hundred others.

Your instincts are wrong. There's no secret to most of the posters you've listed there - I've met Gladys, Lonan3, Mission and John Wright, all at the same time with no possibility of any trickery involved, and they're different people. Amadeus is German, lives abroad, and once stood as an MHK. A bit of Googling will reveal his real name if you can be bothered. As for GD4ELI - I suppose he could be any one of them, although why any of them would pretend to be a dog lover recently living in Switzerland who's just moved to Cornwall is beyond me.

(Expects a reply from Thomas Jefferson)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have a second account, I use it very very rarely - usually when I'm in a bad mood to be a bit more in your face than. In total I've made 25 or so posts using it and the last one was two and a half years ago.

Personally I find MF most rewarding when debating issues with a person. I also do enjoy the wise-cracks, and some posters do have a great talent for it - MF can be laugh out loud enjoyable ... but the peanut gallery can also be a distasteful place and the balance between nastiness and wise-crack can be too often upended in the wrong direction.

When a new poster appears it's interesting trying to see what view points they might have and how they'll contribute to our community, but at the moment it feels like a lot are just snark sock-puppets with an agenda.

MF does sometimes have a nasty edge to it.

When a new poster appears it's interesting trying to see what view points they might have and how they'll contribute to our community, but at the moment it feels like a lot are just snark sock-puppets with an agenda.

You have me intrigued. I would say that I have not been around that long so I am actually interested to read what your initial impression of me would have been. Oh, and by the way, I am not a sock-puppet :)

who pray?

I know what you lawyers are like, so I can only stress that I'm only guessing and have no proof, therefore it is only an opinion (although the very same doesn't seem to stop members of your editing team bandying about accusations of sock puppetry, which by virtue of the fact that they have moderator status would naturally seem to lend more weight to their ridiculous claims). My instincts however, have served me very well in the past and at the moment they are telling me that:

Amadeus = GD4ELI = Gladys = Lonan3 = Mission = and probably = you too. Alphabetical order, no hierarchical implication, and just a start. I'm sure there are others, if you include regulars, several hundred others.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are factually wrong.

when one garrulous boor starts to dominate then obvious that the board's days are numbered - the analogy of a bluebottle fly attracted by a rotting carcase seems quite apt.

It's a good job the forums don't depend upon you to initiate topics of discussion. The day count might not yet have started.

It's a bit unfair to attack Francis, she(?) posts on all kinds of threads little nuggets of manx history stuff which i find very interesting

I didn't. His/her insult was uninvited and totally false. I can only assume they're someone else's sockpuppet doing some cheerleading for them.

I meant in general eg starting a thread with one username that you then post in using another username which is just asking to be ripped n'est ce pas?

I just write what I want. If you don't like it, don't read it. Skip to the next post if that fulfils your desired content expectation, and if not then skip to the next one. Can't stand people who whinge about other people's posts. Nobody forces them to read them. In fact, their replies tend to suggest they can't read them anyway. Funny thing is, when you look at these people's own post history, whinging about other people's posts is 90%+ what their posts consist of. Self-appointed hallway monitors who think they're the almighty arbiters of what is interesting or not.

Archived