Why is the word cunt so offensive?

Rhumsaa

Anyway, back on track, I've decided it is after all a very offensive word. Perhaps friends could use it in a lighter way when jibing each other, although I wouldn't myself, but to hear other people use it in any other sense does make me wince. So does the F word to be honest. And the longer B word. Those three are all just about equally offensive.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man trapped in giant vagina

The-student-waits-to-be-r-001.jpg

I can't but help think that this is what TJ or TSM look like in real life.

Oddly, for this thread, it was King Cnut that tried to keep back the waves...but this guy seems to have trouble keeping back the pies. This is one 999 call someone shouldn't have bothered to make.

Like most swearwords, when used for swearing its dictionary definition is not really relevant.

I've always thought of the C-bomb as describing a nasty person, whereas male anatomical equivalents are used to describe a stupid person. As is 'twat'. I've no idea why this is. Perhaps that's why it is considered offensive. I've never appreciated the misogynistic angle, which is where this thread started, but I suppose there might be something in it.

When I was a kid, 'bastard' was probably one of the worst words you could use, as illegitimacy used to be a significant social stigma, whereas now it's not.

People using the N. word on this forum in connection with this debate about the word 'cunt', need to be careful because some people might think they are using this as an opportunity to be passively racist. I personally find the use of the N. word in full print totally unnecessary and offensive.

I personally find the use of the N. word in full print totally unnecessary and offensive.

Indeed. I was quite disgusted to hear the 'N' word used several times by Tynwald members this year. Especially by Allan Bell ansd Eddie Teare.

I clearly heard several times: We've got 'no' money, 'no' ideas and 'no' hope of sorting this mess out we dug ourselves into. Things do look black.

People using the N. word on this forum in connection with this debate about the word 'cunt', need to be careful because some people might think they are using this as an opportunity to be passively racist. I personally find the use of the N. word in full print totally unnecessary and offensive.

Are you a N. word?

Archived