Well done, Nestle

You can't charge half the hourly rate of the minimum wage, not without breaking the law. Unless you outsource to China or something, which is why there should be capital controls and import tariffs put in place to prevent companies from doing it. Globalism amounts to little more than modern-day piracy on the seven seas.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't it the CEO of Nestlé that declared that water "is not a basic human right"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFL8ElXHaU

We already pay for water, I might be wrong but I have a vague recollection that you're not really supposed to collect your own water, something about the government owing it, I'll have to have a look into it as my memory really is just rubbish for specifics. In the UK the water companies have been privatised.

Nestle do take things to another level though, always. Like Scroobius Pip says "Do not buy Nestle products"...which will be fairly difficult because they are a monster corporation.

Wasn't it the CEO of Nestlé that declared that water "is not a basic human right"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFL8ElXHaU

We already pay for water, I might be wrong but I have a vague recollection that you're not really supposed to collect your own water, something about the government owing it, I'll have to have a look into it as my memory really is just rubbish for specifics. In the UK the water companies have been privatised.

Nestle do take things to another level though, always. Like Scroobius Pip says "Do not buy Nestle products"...which will be fairly difficult because they are a monster corporation.

Yep, lovely caring sharing company. We're made up of about 60% water but it's not a human right and should be privatised for profit. Tosser.

Yep, lovely caring sharing company. We're made up of about 60% water but it's not a human right and should be privatised for profit. Tosser.

What irritates me is that this sort of thing gets labelled "freemarket capitalism" and then people say we need more government to counter-balance the power of big busienss, when the reality is that such a thing is only possible thanks to big government which is not a friend of the people but is run by big business.

Reminds me of the idiot in America who claims to own part of the moon. How the hell could you privatise and claim ownership of part of the moon???

What irritates me is that this sort of thing gets labelled "freemarket capitalism" and then people say we need more government to counter-balance the power of big busienss, when the reality is that such a thing is only possible thanks to big government which is not a friend of the people but is run by big business.

Reminds me of the idiot in America who claims to own part of the moon. How the hell could you privatise and claim ownership of part of the moon???

We've never had true capitalism. If we did we wouldn't be anywhere near the mess western societies all around the globe are in right now.

Duncan Walnut Whips were proper walnut whips. The modern things are pathetic and horrid by comparison.

Do you still get a walnut on the top and one inside on the bottom?

Been years since I've had one, how much are they?

TBT.

No. Not from Nestle and not from Rowntree's. You have to go back to when they were Duncan's Walnut Whip to get the real experience. They are now also minute in size. Stick to your memories TBT if you don't want to be disappointed.

NHS in Wales to pay the living wage

Perhaps our NHS should follow Wales, rather than England.

What NHS workers are paid below a living wage here? They all seem to be on pretty good salaries.

I've heard of one group that is on minimum wage, and only gets topped up to something reasonable by working night shifts. If I can find a link to a job advert for you I'll post it.

Archived