Port Erin Marine Research Station

Boo Gay'n

17 minutes ago, Mongoose-Man said:

Hear, hear.

Absolutely fugly and out of keeping. So at least it’s consistent with everything else that’s been built in Port Erin in the past 15 years.

Really does make you wonder 🙄

What would you rather see there?  I think it looks superb.  Other than putting in Tv and satellite points.  Is it 1999?

Edited by randyandy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

They are a vast improvement on the current building. We had a wander around Port Erin yesterday. The amount of derelict buildings is frankly a disgrace. Particularly in the road down to the beach. 

Yeah, but developers aren't adverse to running places down, bringing the area down, so that people say exactly this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

They are a vast improvement on the current building. We had a wander around Port Erin yesterday. The amount of derelict buildings is frankly a disgrace. Particularly in the road down to the beach. 

I commented on this in another thread, I agree, the place is a total disgrace. Crappy shops, nail bars and dirty frontages, wheelie bin city, piles of crap. Nowhere to get a cup of coffee even, it's taking over from Douglas as the island's biggest sh@hole!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mongoose-Man said:

Something similar the original design - I would have rather seen it preserved - but it’s the Isle of Man, so… 

Preserved as what exactly? A derelict shit tip? 

Imagine if the Victorians had your outlook when they developed the place the first time. We'd all be living in caves.

• Like 1