Port Erin Marine Research Station

Boo Gay'n

Dave the building in Duke Street which is a complete eyesore has open ended planning, don’t ask why it just has so that they can leave this carbuncle on our main shopping area, complimented by the empty shops opposite for as long as they like.  It is scandalous, Douglas Corporation are aware but apparently nothing can be done.

4 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

The Marine Biological Station closed in 2006.

Isn't it about time something happened?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-63801774

What.  Like granted planning about a year ago, initial marketing and expressions of interest going out to gauge market interest and demolishing the old building ready for work to start once all finances etc are confirmed and some buyers have committed to the scheme?

1 minute ago, Fred the shred said:

Dave the building in Duke Street which is a complete eyesore has open ended planning, don’t ask why it just has so that they can leave this carbuncle on our main shopping area, complimented by the empty shops opposite for as long as they like.  It is scandalous, Douglas Corporation are aware but apparently nothing can be done.

Nothing can be done because the firm had cash flow issues.

Now resolved by all accounts and the building will be completed in the not too distant future.

I am not sure how that’s a planning issue?  Should planning account for world wide pandemics and massive increases in building costs?

The only reason Liverpool landing stage and that stupid thing in Braddan are getting finished at all is because we are digging into our pockets.  Most private developers don’t have the luxury on unlimited cash.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Some of the fast show was, err, brilliant.

I can't be doing with that single joke whacky character kind of bollocks myself where they know you've already heard it but they keep repeating it ad nauseam anyway. No staying power. Most of Enfield/Whitehouse/Fast Show participants material falls into that category for me. See also Little Britain and Goodness Gracious Me and probably loads more. We are from the Isle of Man. Oh, hilarious. 

Eta - Catherine fucking Tate. 

Edited by La Colombe
  • Thanks 1