Port Erin Marine Research Station

Boo Gay'n

The IOM could be just as nice

Could have been. But today the sea water around the island is no longer safe to swim in because of the sewerage - an issue which should been urgently addressed during the VAT years.

There were turds floating openly down Douglas beach 40-50 years ago ,so what has happened to make our water so much dirtier today?

Many of them are now in govt

HA! The Five Pilchards! My brother used to live in Porthollow a good few years ago. He ran a little restaurant on the beach called Ocean Blue (after Dennis Wilson's classic album). If you are facing the Pilchard, look to your left and there is a two story, white building set back. I think it is still a café.

IOM sea water gets much worse press than it deserves. Although there are only a few beaches that get the all clear, most are very good. For example, Port Erin does not get the good beach rating. However, if you look at the stats., the only time the water suffers from poor quality is around TT week. Extra sewage, I guess.

TF - as it's over 100 years it'll survive a while longer, but I do wonder what it's like inside.

You're a true Manxman - do something!

resistance is futile, you vote for people to represent you, but they soon get controlled by CS's who pass the buck to someone else to take decisions, they never say 'yes' to anything because if they say 'no' that's the end of any more work, if they say 'yes' it means they have to actually do something !

/cynic mode off

On the face of it, it is incomprehensible that planning has been refused for this site by CoMin. Do they have people queuing at the door with better alternatives?

I accept that I am not in possession of all of the facts, but on the face of it they should be biting the arm off someone that was willing to risk significant capital to regenerate a decaying building and area.

What do CoMin think would be more suitable there? a morgue?

It really has made me unusually angry this decision.

• Like 3

Mr Watterson will be well aware that this is ultimately earmarked to be a Masonic UFO listening centre under the front of a National Felt Museum. He has been fighting hard to have these plans turned down so that he and his elite clan of uber conservative Masonic lizard people in Tynwald can ensure that this development fulfils it's ultimate destiny.

Edited by Wankleaks

Mr Watterson will be well aware that this is ultimately earmarked to be a Masonic UFO listening centre under the front of a National Felt Museum. He has been fighting hard to have these plans turned down so that he and his elite clan of uber conservative Masonic lizard people in Tynwald can ensure that this development fulfils it's ultimate destiny.

or hoping it will be luxury apartments for when the Port Erin marina is built :lol:

or hoping it will be luxury apartments for when the Port Erin marina is built :lol:

Do you mean the Polaris submarine base disguised as the Port Erin Marina? But I've already said too much ...

Edited by Wankleaks

or hoping it will be luxury apartments for when the Port Erin marina is built laugh.png

Bit exposed for a marina innit?

if there was one place to put a marina (absolutely unqualified in this respect) I would have thought PE harbour was ideal. Firstly DEEP water, natural harbour and just build a better breakwater than they did in about 1885ish. Oh you wont need to de-silt the harbour every couple of years too. Baffling.

And to accommodate the hordes of yachting people, probably the best beach on the IOM.

ps,just got in from pub, will reread in morning if it makes sense and whether rant mode is on/off