Port Erin Marine Research Station

Boo Gay'n

Why exactly would planning turn down an entrepreneur who was prepared to spend his own cash to improve the infrastructure of a run down building, and also provide a few much needed jobs.

This Island is dying on its feet and insane decisions like this can only accelerate the downward spiral we are in.

No small wonder that people are leaving the place in there droves. SHAMEFULL.:devil:

I thought Bell was touring the World trying to attract rich gits to leach of our Island as long as they provide investment ( ie part time work for one individual one day a week on minimum wage) for which they will receive Tax holidays etc to make them ever richer. This Planning refusal is disgusting, who made the FINAL decision on this, did it come from Planning or COM ? The public don't need to know, after all it's only their Island and their money that the COM use. Port Erin should be up in arms over this, but sadly as in the past all that matters in our once lovely village, is keeping the Rates down. We have a mostly new Board of Commissioners with a new Clerk, but nothing changes. Port Erin , once the Jewell of the Island is a sad dump compared to what it once was. We do however have Shoprite, which guarantees thousands of extra cars in the village each week, and no they don't use all the other little shops, they are only in town for Shoprite. I am so sad if Sea Breezes are to pull out, but in many ways I don't blame them. Every possible problem has been put in their way. Just what is the Government agenda here, and will the Port Erin Commissioners have the guts to fight this to bring some new much needed life to Port Erin

• Like 2

po smile.png .

Had to type that bit as for some reason this PC has a buggered IE installation (it's a development/test crate with lots of crap installed) and it's way too early in the morning, only had 3 coffees...

17.C outside at 07:40, should be a nice day. Now to attack the half acre of garden with some serious machinery smile.png .

po smile.png .

Had to type that bit as for some reason this PC has a buggered IE installation (it's a development/test crate with lots of crap installed) and it's way too early in the morning, only had 3 coffees...

17.C outside at 07:40, should be a nice day. Now to attack the half acre of garden with some serious machinery smile.png .

Rich Git....

I was rather excited with the plans to build a hotel, it's a gorgeous spot gagging to be developed for leisure, a hotel/pub/function room would be ideal for events. We used to use the Golflinks as it was far enough out of town (whichever one you like!) to feel like you were on holiday, but again, it's turned into a gorgeous spot with a derelict bloody hotel on it!!

Why exactly would planning turn down an entrepreneur who was prepared to spend his own cash to improve the infrastructure of a run down building, and also provide a few much needed jobs.

This Island is dying on its feet and insane decisions like this can only accelerate the downward spiral we are in.

No small wonder that people are leaving the place in there droves. SHAMEFULL.devil.gif

~~~ This Planning refusal is disgusting, who made the FINAL decision on this, did it come from Planning or COM ? ~~~ I am so sad if Sea Breezes are to pull out, but in many ways I don't blame them. Every possible problem has been put in their way. Just what is the Government agenda here, and will the Port Erin Commissioners have the guts to fight this to bring some new much needed life to Port Erin

Edited out after reading planning applications

Edited by manxy

Mr Watterson will be well aware that this is ultimately earmarked to be a Masonic UFO listening centre under the front of a National Felt Museum. He has been fighting hard to have these plans turned down so that he and his elite clan of uber conservative Masonic lizard people in Tynwald can ensure that this development fulfils it's ultimate destiny.

or hoping it will be luxury apartments for when the Port Erin marina is built :lol:

Not another Marina, please. However it would give the Absent owners somewhere to keep their unused luxury vessels. All of it nothing to do with tax, of course

• Like 1

I was rather excited with the plans to build a hotel, it's a gorgeous spot gagging to be developed for leisure, a hotel/pub/function room would be ideal for events. We used to use the Golflinks as it was far enough out of town (whichever one you like!) to feel like you were on holiday, but again, it's turned into a gorgeous spot with a derelict bloody hotel on it!!

Perhaps hotels are a bit passé

Good Morning manxie44, apart from referring to people as 'rich gits' I do agree with you.

Interesting article you may wish to read: Ten Coast Towns Get £8.5 For Projects, this is how central funds should be spent. Must go, regatta soon...

Nice to know someone else who can't sleep. Sorry about the gits reference, it was as you say uncalled for, but I get so mad. I will check your link later. The rich I refer to are probably all nice, friendly people who are only here to help the Island be a nice place for us all to live in, no matter what the cost to them. Put that last comment down to lack of sleep, and the massive pig flying past my window.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning manxie44, apart from referring to people as 'rich gits' I do agree with you.

Interesting article you may wish to read: Ten Coast Towns Get £8.5 For Projects, this is how central funds should be spent. Must go, regatta soon...

Nice to know someone else who can't sleep. Sorry about the gits reference, it was as you say uncalled for, but I get so mad. I will check your link later. The rich I refer to are probably all nice, friendly people who are only here to help the Island be a nice place for us all to live in, no matter what the cost to them. Put that last comment down to lack of sleep, and the massive pig flying past my window.

Can't let this go. Bell and apparently all the Southern MHKs are horrified at the Marine Bio St planning decision. Well instead of bleating on MR - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You are the Government we elected.

• Like 9